We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Who sells rope thru body already made up? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
music
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of music
I have rope thru body I bought at Daytona Magic, but the gimmick is so noticeable I would never take this out of the house. I checked with Denny and Lee, Tannen's and they don't have it. Pavel says he makes it but uses a ma*n*t for the connection and I'm not sure that would hold up to spectators pulling on it. Any info on where to get a nice set of rope thru body (hang em high) already to go would be appreciated.
Thanks!
abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of abbascup
Try using some white out on your rope connection
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
music
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of music
Hi Jay, No I did not try Hank yet, Thanks I'll check with them. Hi Abbuscup, I don't think white out can fix this rope, there is a very obvious gap and the seam is crooked where they meet. It can be seen from across my living room in low lighting. Poorly made.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You might try this. When you hand the ends to the spectators to pull on it, you hold the middle. Let one person pull from one end with you holding the center, next to the gi***ck, and then hand the other person the other end and move your hand over to the other side so they can pull on that end.

I've seen it done that way and no one thinks anything of it. The justification seems to be that since the rope is so long, you're just keeping it off the floor.

Mark.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1164 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Did you put the gimmicks in yourself?
I agree it is quite difficult to do accurately, but if you search this forum there are some good instructions on how to do it. I personally find you need to approach it as if it was a precision wood or metal working project, making sure your cuts are very precise and perpendicular in all planes. And you may still need some paint or white out.

I have also wondered about using black rope.

If you look at the Bob Sheets performance video, his gimmick is pretty noticeable too, if you are looking for it.
Jolyon Jenkins
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of wally
Please let me know if you find a gimmick rope. I am thinking of buying the hang em high.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Fantasio has a nice nongimmicked version..Howard
music
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of music
I found one at Hank lee and also Pavel makes two versions, one with ma*n*ts and one with the screw gimmick. I'm not sure which one to get.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1164 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
For rope through body, definitely the screw version.
Jolyon Jenkins
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2824 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2007-07-11 04:29, rjenkins wrote:

I have also wondered about using black rope.

The black may make the gimmick less noticable, but black rope is not a common item and may very well suggest to the spectators that the rope is not natural (hence gimmicked); not an assumption you want them to have.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4498 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Why not just use the string method? or I know of a "new method" for applyg the thread so it can be done with the sropes separate at the start. I live the version - it does not use cotton or any of the fore metnioned things .... wont say what - will try and find the link today..

Dave
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4498 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
HI here is the name of the item
Twineze Rope Release
it can be found here:
http://www.colinjohnmagic.co.uk/subprod/......782.aspx

third trick up from the bottom for some reason Colin has now got a picture of the item as well. He does not say what is used around it thought to hold the ropes together.

I really like it and have used his handleing to rig the ropes during performance. I really like it and for £5 (about $200 at the moment ... OK may be only $10) I don't think you can go far wrong.

Dave
Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
101 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
In 1994 at Desert magic seminar, I met a magician in an elevator named Jim Finger who told me he wasn't there for the convention, just working. He asked if I wanted to see some killer magic.....In the indoor parking garage, he opened his pinto trunk and did the most amazing rope through body ever... He marketed under the name Rope-utation. If anyone knows how to contact him, I'd like to know.

Thanks
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
Any recommendations for the Bob Sheets version? Isn't it called "Hang 'Em High"?
Mister Mystery
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2096 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ted,

As far as I've been able to determine, Ropeutation is no longer available. Too bad... I thought it was GREAT!

Regards, Steve
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hang 'em High IS Bob Sheets' version and still available from him and I believe Hank Lee.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone made up rope through body with a thicker white rope.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You might also want to get the three volumes of "Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks" (Steward James)... there are several methods... Harbin's and Paul Fox's are very interesting.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Who sells rope thru body already made up? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL