The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » rope tricks for kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
I've been doing ring on rope for kids for about ten years and am now thoroughly bored with it though the kids aren't. Suggestions please and I refuse to do professors nightmare
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Check out Daryl's Expert Rope Magic Made Easy - 3 volumes. Good stuff. There are others which are also very good.
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
Just curious, why do you refuse to do Professor's Nightmare?
Daryl does have a nice ending for it. Much better than what I have seen previously.
But a good comedy cut and restored rope seems to go over well with the kids too.
Also, you might check out the rope video put out by Patrick Page. I like it.

Steve
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
I have played with professors nightmare in many guises and it never gets the response that it deserves. The kids are like 'so what' and the adults have seen it before
I'm clearly not presenting it to it's full potential
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Quote:
On 2003-02-02 19:01, graemesd wrote:
...and am now thoroughly bored with it though the kids aren't

Seems like to me we are supposed to entertain the audience and if the audience likes it that's what matters.

There are several things I do that I do not particularly like but everyone I do it for likes it so I keep on doing it.

If you don't get the proper response from Professors Nightmare it must be in the presentation and/or patter. I have several different stories I use depending on the audience and it has never failed to work well.

Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
there is a follow up for the professors nightmare called three ropes and a baby and it is cool
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
The "new" DVD on Flip's rope magic has quite a lot of good, solid material.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
During a brainstorming session a couple of months ago, I suggested to a friend that she try "The Strong Man's Secret" from Nelm's "Magic and Showmanship" using sash cord instead of string. She tells me that it plays very well.

I just tried it myself, recently, and it did get a good response.

I've also just started doing a walking through ropes routine, but the jury's still out on whether I'll continue to use it--the response is ok, but not great. At this point, I'm going to work it a little longer to see if I can tweak the presentation.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » rope tricks for kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL