The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Surgery-7/13/07 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Hello. I am asking for prayer request for my surgery I am having on Friday, July 13th. Please pray for a positive outcome from the biopsy as well as a positive outcome from the surgery. May God bless the hands of the surgeon and staff that are involved in my care so that everything goes graceful. Most of all, may God's will be done to glorify his name.

And yes, I am having surgery on A FRIDAY THE 13th which tends to freak some people out. I have been a nurse long enough though to know that bad or unfortunate things happen no matter the day. I guess superstition is just not something I have ever acquired!

Thank you.

Stacy
"A friend is a present you give yourself"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
We'll keep you in our prayers.
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
We will add you to my families prayers..

In God's hands all thing are possible.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Friday the 13th? That's special for magicians, y'know - kind of like Halloween. You're gonna be just fine - really.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Well I don't believe in praying or friday the 13th, but I still hope everything goes well for you. I once had surgery on friday the 13th, really no joke. Everything turn out fine.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
You, your family and your doctors will be in my prayers.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
May peace be with your doctor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
My thoughts are with you for health and happiness!

Jack Shalom
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Best wishes for a safe successful surgery and a speedy recovery. -Jon
...to all the coins I've dropped here
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Hey, Thanks to all of you. As the time draws near, I become more anxious. It doesn't help that I was an O.R. nurse for 10 1/2 years and know all the bad things that can happen.

Okay, so here's a joke:

There was a boy who turned 16 and went on his first date. When his father saw the girl, he pulled his son aside and said, "You can't date that girl, I tell you so, her Daddy is Your Daddy but your Momma doesn't know!" Crying and sobbing in his bedroom, his mother came to console him. He confided in his mother what he had been told and his mother laughed and said, "Son, go ahead and date that girl, this I tell you so, Your Daddy aint your Daddy but he doesn't know!"

ha!
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Quote:
On 2007-07-11 08:17, ryansmagic wrote:
Well I don't believe in praying or friday the 13th, but I still hope everything goes well for you. I once had surgery on friday the 13th, really no joke. Everything turn out fine.

When I worked in the O.R., patient's would reschedule their surgery all the time b/c it was Friday the 13th. We could almost always count on a slow day any time there was a Friday the 13th. LOL! Did you know any month that starts with a Sunday has a Friday the 13th in it? Just a bit of trivia.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
We went from a prayer request to 'yo daddy ain't yo daddy"? that's it, I was gonna sacrifice a goat for you but I shan't now.
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Praying for you!
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Breath deep and relax tomorrow. And remember all the "good" things that you have seen go "right" in the O.R.

I had surgery about 12 weeks ago for testicular cancer (and the surgeon fixed a hernia he found "as long as he had me open!") and I am almost fully recovered. Just before going into the O.R. the surgeon asked me if I had any questions and I asked him to hold his hands out so I could see how steady they were.

Good luck.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
LOL! Go ahead, sacrifice the goat!

Quote:
On 2007-07-12 02:12, MagicSanta wrote:
We went from a prayer request to 'yo daddy ain't yo daddy"? that's it, I was gonna sacrifice a goat for you but I shan't now.
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Today is Saturday, July 14th! My surgery was yesterday and preliminary results seem to be Fantastic. I am sore but not too terrible and relieve to have the surgery over with.

The funniest thing was I was delayed due to a false positive pregnancy test. Not really funny @ all. My husband had the old clip and snip nearly 9 years ago. Thank God, it was a FALSE negative. My friend blamed it on Friday the 13th Voodoo. LOL! I was given the option to have the surgery with different meds that in case it was truly positive, it wouldn't harm the unborn child so I chose that, considering the fact that I had requested time off and I had a needle protruding from the side of my left breast. To say the least, my anxiety level plummeted through the ceiling. I had to call back an hour and a 1/2 after I was discharged b/c the other machine they use to double check the test was broken.

Thank you to everybody who kept me in their thoughts & prayers. There is nothing like having a bunch of prayer warriors on your side. Praise Jesus for once again, helping me to gain spiritual significance from such tribulations.

StacyJ
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Thanks for the update. Prayer is a powerful force. Stay well.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Wait a minute, just wait a gol-durned minute...

You mean all this "prayer" stuff works, not only for a positive outcome, but IN SPITE OF a hospital that can't get its act together?

I'm gonna have to re-think my position on prayer.

Oh, by the way ... YAY PutASpellOnMe ... YOU GO GIRL!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
LOL, Prayer Warriors Unite! Especially for those who can't get their act together!!!
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
PutASpell 25 yrs Pathology Assistant- get lots of Needle bx's. Frequently from friends and collegues in the hospital. PM if youd like help interpreting the path report when U get the final. I'm sure you'll be fine. Not sacrificing a goat but did add prayers. Keep the faith.
BTW all they had to do was repeat the preg test- does't take that long. It should have been done during PAT but alls well that will end well.

john
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Surgery-7/13/07 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL