The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Enrique Enriquez' "Invisible Readings" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 10:43, lumberjohn wrote:

Mota stated in his post that “Answering specific questions is what you do in readings,” as if this is the only legitimate approach. I don’t agree with that, and can cite many examples of readers who do not attempt to answer specific questions.

(This is not meant as criticism but merely as comment)
Unfortunately this is the only thing the client is interested in.
The ONLY valid criticism of a reading is that of the client.
This will only be based on:
Was`THE important question answered?
How well was it answered?
Was a solution found?
People here will shudder at the above but this is what the client wants
:)
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I have nothing to add here besides this: I consider Enrique a close friend and trusted peer and feel his work is among the very best available for those wishing to give (and understand) very pure and beautiful readings.

-Jerome
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2830 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I am not a reader but Enrique and I often discuss the parallels between readings and psychotherapy. One we agree upon is that clients of all stripes respond to your undivided attention. This is a rare and invaluable commodity in this day and age.
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
Enrique's "Invisible Readings" transformed the way I approached reading. He gave voice to feelings I had always had but had previously lacked the confidence to trust and explore.

His approach is empathetic, intuitive but not psychic. This hasn't been a drawback for me at all and has improved the readings I give and has satisfied my clients.

Mark Pappler
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I just finished re-reading this book and feel re-invigorated. I remember enjoying Invisible Readings when I first read it a year or so ago, but I don't think it hit me like this--I must not have been fully ready to grasp its potential.

It's been awhile since Invisible Readings came out, and I was curious to see if anyone has applied ideas from this work beyond the contexts discussed and what your experiences have been when working from this approach?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
738 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
With Enrique's express permission, I have taken his Invisible Readings concept and expanded it to now embrace the reading technique outlined in my books, "Bauta" and "The Masks of Tarot." Further, I have been lecturing on that joining of methods (including at The Magic Castle and at this week's PEA gathering). Enrique's work is stellar and deserves the largest of audiences. If you have not already done so, make sure you visit his website/blog as his musings are a master class in Tarot. - Scott
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Scott...the interview with you and Enrique was very good. I LOVE the section where you talk about a parents kiss, a teachers confidence and how a performance suspends our belief and how you unpack that a bit.

-Scott M
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Quote:
On 2010-06-09 00:02, sgrossberg wrote:
With Enrique's express permission, I have taken his Invisible Readings concept and expanded it to now embrace the reading technique outlined in my books, "Bauta" and "The Masks of Tarot." Further, I have been lecturing on that joining of methods (including at The Magic Castle and at this week's PEA gathering). Enrique's work is stellar and deserves the largest of audiences. If you have not already done so, make sure you visit his website/blog as his musings are a master class in Tarot. - Scott

What you are doing sounds truly wonderful, Scott. Please let me know if you ever decide to release your work melding Bauta and Invisible Readings.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I own both books - and I love them - and toss in Rigg's CttG series... you got the invincible readings approach....

I have way too much fun with all this - and the best breakthrough for me reading IR, Bauta, Riggs etc. is the concept of abandoning the classic cold reading and amping the game into really using a system without having to be a shuteye. Suddenly - you are providing readings without worrying about "hits"

KABOOM
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Gorec-Magic
View Profile
New user
Moscow, Russia.
1 Post

Profile of Gorec-Magic
Hi everyone! This subject is still alive for discussion ?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1931 Posts

Profile of 252life
Wish I would have come across this book a long time ago.
It's fantastic.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
It is the best book bar none I have ever read on the subject. I have read it multiple times and get something new from it constantly. I honestly feel this book is about honesty. And imagination. And sitter connection. And more imagination. And ending with more honesty.

With that said...this book will be very disappointing to most readers...this shouldn’t reflect on the book itself though.

It’s my favorite book of all time on the subject.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Enrique Enriquez' "Invisible Readings" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL