The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hyper-bent-elation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Just seen this new effect by Daryl advertised. Looks like an interesting variation of Hypercard with a slight similarity to Anniversary Waltz. Anyone seen this performed ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
That's awesome! I have always loved the Hypercard! Looks like he got some more products too.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The ad says:
This jaw-dropping effect is absolutely incredible! On it's recent convention release it received reactions ranging from stunned silence to total bewilderment from spectators around the world!

Two cards are selected and signed before being openly cut, folded and passed through "the fourth dimension" where they magically transform into bizarre and amazing double faced and double backed Hypercards! These impossible cards are then given away as souvenirs to your spectators as evidence of the amazing magical experience they will never forget!

Hyper-Bent-Elation comes complete with 24 specially printed poker size Bicycle Rider backed cards (manufactured for us by the U.S. Playing Card Company), detailed written instructions with 19 crystal clear photographs and a performance/explanation DVD including numerous effect and handling variations.

http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/produ......d=200200
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
What is the difficulty level? any sleights?
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
No real sleights unless you count Trevor Lewis' Monte Move, Vernon's Optical Move, or the Mexican Turnover. It's pretty easy to do.

I guess some people love this effect, but I don't get it. It just looks confusing to me. And, I would never hand out a double face and double back card to the audience for examination. However, there is a very cool way to hand out the Hyper Card stapled to a business card by Wesley James explained.

Most of the DVD is spent explaining The Detective Card trick, which takes you into the Hyper Card effect. Daryl explains everything in detail, but it's not that great a trick, IMHO.

This is another of Daryl's releases in a CD like fold-out cardboard case. Very nice design with excellent gaffed cards. And, great customer service, as always.

One thing I thought was odd... there are no real magic credits on this DVD. Wesley James and Vernon are mentioned in passing, but that's about it. Maybe I missed something.

Robert
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-14 21:47, Robert M wrote:
No real sleights unless you count Trevor Lewis' Monte Move, Vernon's Optical Move, or the Mexican Turnover. It's pretty easy to do.

I guess some people love this effect, but I don't get it. It just looks confusing to me. And, I would never hand out a double face and double back card to the audience for examination. However, there is a very cool way to hand out the Hyper Card stapled to a business card by Wesley James explained.

Most of the DVD is spent explaining The Detective Card trick, which takes you into the Hyper Card effect. Daryl explains everything in detail, but it's not that great a trick, IMHO.

This is another of Daryl's releases in a CD like fold-out cardboard case. Very nice design with excellent gaffed cards. And, great customer service, as always.

One thing I thought was odd... there are no real magic credits on this DVD. Wesley James and Vernon are mentioned in passing, but that's about it. Maybe I missed something.

Robert

I would also not hand a gaff card to an audience member. Anniversary waltz changed that for me. But, it's not about the card, it's about the moment and the expression of their love.

This new effect from Daryl doesn't sound that great, though. More of a puzzle.

Justin Miller has an effect called Time and Space and that is an effect worthy of handing out the gaff for them to keep( http://www.closeupjm.com/timeandspace.htm )
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Anyone buy this? Seems like an interesting souvenier. It seems to me that the presentation should be that you use magic to fuse the cards together (ala anniversary waltz) so I wouldn't worry about them figuring out the card are standard gimmicks. I don't think most magicians use double facers/backers enough for it to matter anyway. (ie, most magicians probably don't use a double facer/backer more than once in a set anyway).
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Anyone have anymore thoughts on this effect??

And what about having only 24 cards in there?? Is this an effect that you can just buy another double-sided Face or double-sided Back deck to use as refills?? Or do you have to pay for another whole "kit"?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Salby,

The gaffs are standard Double backers and facers so you can buy a deck of each and have 52 performances.

Although this is a bit like a puzzle I think it is a great take on the Anniversary Waltz. Also if the cards are handled right laypeople feel they are standard cards, this makes the moment when you seperate the cards very magical.

I love the look of a hypercard and think this is a great routine to perform with the idea.

All the best,

Ben
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks Ben.

Is there a DEMO of this effect somewhere on the web??
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Is this just another variation of the HyperCard??

I mean can I figure out the trick if I buy the Hypercard Project (book) with many effects using the basic concept?

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/hypercard-......759.html

What people's thoughts on this book vs Daryl's effect??
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Oh my.... here are my thoughts. The Hypercard Project is great and it includes Wes James handling which is done with regular cards and is a wonderful routine and actually the daddy of the routine in association with CardWarp. Dary's routine is very good but is similar to what is found in the box and you can get cards from Tom Frame. I will say this, if you got Toms book and didn't get Daryl's work you would be none the poorer. If you got Daryls routine you would be happy since it is good but will be missing out on Wes handling. All things being equal I'd get the book.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
For a simple cut & fold, it isn't necessary to have a DB or DF card. The same effect can be achieved using a normal card. For better contrast use a Blue Back card with a red face (suit) and vice-versa.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
A demo of the daryl trick?
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Matt and Salby,

I don't know if there is one as you could reverse engineer the effect if watching it repeatedly on video. I'm not sure though.

Ben
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Yep, there is: Hyper-Bent-Elation
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks!
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
MagicSanta,

Thanks for your kind words regarding The Hypercard Project.

Tom Frame
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I didn't know you were here Tom! Is the book and the cards still available?
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
MagicSanta,

Yes, the book and the decks are still available. The book is $25.00 + S&H. The decks cost $12.00 for 1 deck, $22.00 for 2 decks, or $30.00 for 3 decks, plus S&H. Please specify red-back King of Spades or blue-back Queen of Hearts. I accept PayPal orders at tomframe1@comcast.net

Thanks again.

Tom Frame
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hyper-bent-elation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL