The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cards colour separation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
Hi!

I had an idea to separate the cards in red and black for "Out of This World" or Bruce Bernsteins "Couples".

My idea was to talk about the different kind of energy the red or black cards radiate. And while talking, openly separate the cards into two piles on the table (red and black).
Then I want to demonstrate one or two simple tests to prove the spectator's ability to identify the packets sight unseen.

After that I say, "Now let's try something more interesting," false shuffle, etc...out of this world , couples or something simmilar

Do you you have any ideas for simple tests that look very real, which use the separated red and black cards?

Hope I brought across what I meant.

Greetings from Vienna

Thomas Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
You could actually let them shuffle the cards for real. Then you take the cards a few at a time, varying the numbers on each bunch. Say things like, "There are two red cards one black ...which one should go on the blackpile? Here are four cards the same, which colour --red or black...here are five cards, two are red, which ones?.....and so on varying your selections...this way you could start with a genuinely shuffled deck.

You could also make it look like you are influencing them ... Smile
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Whoaw Shrink!

Fantastic- I have to think that through.

Thank you for the input!!!! Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
If demonstrating your own ability to separate the colors fits into the routine, Ian Rowland's Sense Of Touch is worth looking into.
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Thank you Bill!

I own sense of touch, and i think it would be possible to build that in.

But it leads me away from the anytime, anydeck concept I am looking for.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Have you looked at When Worlds Collide in Barrie Richardson's Theater of the Mind? Pg. 76. I like the idea at the end, he mentions it almost as a throwaway, of using Anneman's Jinx switch (I was actually taught this as a gambling move, said to have cost people fortunes), combined with U.F. Grant's Nu Way Out of this World. I like the idea of using "human" tables and not resorting to leader cards or having to switch colors half way through.
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
You might like to check out Slydini's Prediction in Red in the out of print "Slydini Encores". But it's not particularly easy. Spectator shuffles a deck, cuts off a small number of cards (5-15 say), you say how many reds there are. Can be repeated.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Thank you Bill!

Great idea! I will look in theater of the mind (btw. one of my faforites!)
hmm, let me put my think cap on: the jinx swith, let me se how I can incooperate this.

Thanks for the input!

Thank you Alan!

Unfortunatley I don´t have Slydinis book. But when I get a hold on it some day, I will remember to look for his "prediktion in red"

Thank you! Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The effect "Feminine Side" by Tony Chadhuri (sp?) is virtually identical to what Shrink describes. It's one of the Ron Bauer Private Studies series, and the patter and presentation are EXCELLENT. For $10 from most dealers, you can't go wrong.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Thank you Scott!

Sounds great! I just orderd it from Ron Bauer.
thank you for the hint.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cards colour separation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL