The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A question for U.K. coin workers. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
Sorry, when I say Foreign, I don't mean the usual abroad, or another country. I mean an object that is out of place or something that is unfamiliar to it's environment.

I find that American coins are just as foreign as chinees coins to someone who hasn't seen either. The shape (form) of an American coin and the language of the writting is just as familiar as with our own coins, the heads/tails format of the newer American coins is also just as familiar.

Chinees coins having a hole in the middle and a completely different language wrote on them do seem to have a greater curiosity value.

On the older walking liberty Halfs, the heads/tails format is not quite so obvious, this brings curiosity, The form of the coin being the same disk shape as our own is familiar but the over all feel of the coin can seem more like a piece of jewelery.

Any older coins also have a natural historical curiosity value.

Bigdunk, you can by coin unique in almost all magic shops in the U.k. and on the internet. The set is very similar to the scotch and soda set, there is a slight difference though. The effect is as identical as it can be using different coins and the handling is almost exactly the same.
David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A question for U.K. coin workers. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL