The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Barehand production of parasol (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Hi guys!

any books or videos where I can learn a production without using silks or any cover, I saw the video of luna shimada that her opening on her parasol routine is a production without silks or anything...

hope you can help me... thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I've not seen it but someone is selling this

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......77&0

Looks good to me!

M:C
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No there is not anything published to my knowledge. You are asking about a custom production. It all has to do with your stage setting and cloths you are wearing. You much work this type of productions out yourself. It is very personal to each person.

Luna Shamada got her tips from her father Shamada, and he will only share with his family.

Joker Lam does cover production a parasol behind another parasol. You need cover or very strong misdirection.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
If you are using the production as an opener, I would also suggest that you experiment with it. There are only a few ways the parasol can be produced from those few locations. Play with it and you would discover something that suits you.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Smoke, fire and confetti can be used before the parasol production/opener. These items offer good misdirection assistance.
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Thank you so much! ok I'll make my own version of the production, I'll experiment and play with my parasols.. haha! thank you so much!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would not develop methods with smoke or fire due to current preformance restrictions.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
It is hard but you can do it! Think of ways you would produce anything; doves, silks, etc, then see how you can apply it to parasols. You might come up with something better than you've ever seen. Although fire is nice try to stay away from actual fire. If you use anything use flash paper or flash cotton. That way you aren't having an actual flame on stage.

-Matt
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Thank you again, I'd like to experiment and try some of my ideas but the truth is is hard to develop a technique that is new to a magician and using a material that is long.. hahaha! but I'll do everything that I can do invent... thank you again...

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Take a look at your pants. I'm sure of endless possibilities from production parasols with special pants pockets!

M:C
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The idea is to develop a method to appear a parasol without any cover. It is not about inventing a new technique. Any method that is comfortable to you, and offer ease of movement during the production would be regarded as your personal method. As long as the method does not flash and have angle problem, then you have discovered something good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Barehand production of parasol (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL