The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MagicCelebration Colon, AUG. 1-4 FREE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Thanks to our corporate sponsors we are able to offer all of the events FREE of charge this year here in Colon in conjunction with magic week. Our sponsors believe in what we are trying to accomplish here and this year's support has been overwhelming! So.....here is the lineup- and with the exception to the Saturday evening show - all events are FREE of charge! We hope you can join us in the magic capital of the world August 1-4. Schedule Of Events

Wednesday August 1
9:00 am -6:00 pm - FAB Magic Shop open - On-going FREE Magic Demonstrations
1:00 pm - Michael BAKER LECTURE at the FAB Magic Shop - FREE!
6:00 - 9:00 pm - FAB Shop closed for dinner - REOPEN at 9:00pm - 11:00pm

Thursday August 2
9:00 am - 6:00 pm - FAB Magic Shop open - On-going FREE Magic Demonstrations
1:00 pm - JIMMY 'CARDS' MOLINARI LECTURE at the FAB Magic Shop -FREE!
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm - FAB shop closed for dinner - REOPEN at 9:00pm - 11:00pm
7:00 pm - FREE Close-Up Show at Clancy's Restaurant featuring: John Born, Joseph
Young, Michael Baker, Jimmy Molinari, Cory Fisher

Friday August 3rd
9:00 am - 6:00 pm - FAB Magic Shop open - On-going FREE Magic Demonstrations
1:00 pm - JOHN BORN LECTURE at the FAB Magic Shop - FREE
3:00 pm - JACK BARROWS MEMORIAL SERVICE - Lakeside Cemetery
6:30 pm - ALL STAR CLOSE-UP REVIEW - Clancy's Restaurant FREE!W/John Born, Jimmy Molnari and others!
11:00 pm - MAD,MAD,MAD AUCTION at FAB Magic Shop - FREE!

Saturday August 4th
9:00 am - 5:00 pm - FAB Magic Shop open - On-going FREE Magic Demonstrations
12:30 pm - JOSEPH YOUNG LECTURE at the FAB Magic Shop - FREE!
2:00 pm - FREE KIDS SHOW AT FAB MAGIC SHOP
7:00 pm - MAGIC EXTRAVAGANZA at Sturges-Young Auditorium - Sturgis,Michigan
Featuring: Michael Baker, Sean Scott, Riley Rabbit, Joseph Young &
The Mirror Images - Roy Huston & Company

TICKETS $9.00 ADULTS ~ $5.00 CHILDREN 12 & UNDER
AVAILABLE AT THE STURGES-YOUNG AUDITORIUM OR FROM
FAB MAGIC COMPANY - UNRESERVED SEATING
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Rick
I wish you the best, and hopefully it won't be as stinking hot as it was last year.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Good luck Rick. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Thanks so much! Al...you were a real trouper in the heat last year...we certainly enjoyed having you...

www.fabmagic.com
martinb
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
4 Posts

Profile of martinb
I wish I had more time to stay in town while I was there. I wanted to take a look around again and pick some things up. But I was just happy to be there for Jack's memorial.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
A GIANT THANK YOU! to all those who helped make MagiCelebration 2007 a huge success! We had record numbers for both our lectures and evening show on Saturday night. We appreciate everyone's patronage and to our performers: Michael Baker, Jimmy Molinari, Joseph Young, The Mirror Images, Sean Scott and Roy & Yuka Huston, we couldn't have done it without you! Michael Baker was nice enough to stick around on Saturday night to help load out the big Huston show.....we just figured out why we work out of a suitcase table these days!I cannot say enough about all of our performers who worked their "tails" off to assure their audience's saw the best magic had to offer. Plans are already in the works for 2008 and performers already being booked. Stay tuned!!!!!

www.fabmagic.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Was the auditorium in Sturgis as air-conditioned? The auditorium at the Colon High School was like a sauna from h*ll, especially during the Saturday show - it was hard to breathe in there, all four nights.

FAB did have the air going in the shop quite well, but Saturday did present quite a challenge, with so many people going in and out of the shop. I caught the Born lecture and it was excellent! It was worth missing the close-up show for. I would have seen more lectures, except for the differing schedules between the shops.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
The air conditioning was great! Nice and comfortable - good seeing you Al....

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
On a side note..it was nice talking to hundreds of magicians in the shop including, Marshall Brodien, John Moehring,Phil Wilmarth & Robbie Wilmarth, Al the Only, Gay Blackstone to name just a few. Meeting Sandy Marshall (Jay's son) and his wife to let us know MAGIC INC. in Chicago is STILL going strong! They are doing fine despite rumors of closing and business has increased. We wish them well! They are a magical institution!

www.fabmagic.com
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Rick, you and your performers were outstanding!!!
Your Friend,
James
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Rick,

It's good to hear that the auditorium had the air working great. I may very well be skipping the Abbott's evening show in favor of the one that you book - I can catch some entertainers at other conventions, that keep the attendees comfortable. The audience needs to be comfortable in order to watch a show. It would be great if both shops .....okay, so that probably won't happen, although I doubt that you would have a problem with joining forces with Abbott's on Magic Week. It would be nice if Abbott's would come around to realizing that $140 is too much to pay to endure torture.

FAB was a great place to hangout, to escape the heat and humidity, as well as seeing the products. I couldn't take being in the Abbott's dealer room, at the elementary school.
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Rick & Co.,

Good stuff all the way around. Hope to be there again next year!

Greg
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Greg...It was nice to meet you on Thursday. Your handling of the linking rings was very nice. Now only if I could get my wife to buy me a set.
Best wishes,
James
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi Rick,
Thank you for your hospitality during Magic Week 2007. It was a true pleasure to see you again and we look forward to coming back to Colon Mich in 2008 and spending more time in FAB Magic! You truly are a class act and we wish you the greatest of success!

Tony & Beth
Springfield, IL
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
One more thing...The magic Café's very own Michael Baker lectured at FAB and it was AWESOME! A true gentlemen and an extremely knowledgable Magi! If you have the chance to attend Michaels lecture, cancel your plans and get a good seat. GREAT JOB Michael!
Tony
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I had a great time. A big thanks to the whole Fisher family for their hospitality.
Got to meet Michael Baker and hang out with John Born....can't ask for anything better than that. Got to see other old friends there, Danny Archer, Obie O'Brien, Marshall Brodien, Phil Wilmarth and of course got to meet some new friends.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Had an awesome time in Colon this past week. It was nice to meet some "OLD" friends such as Michael Baker! Ok I did not mean old in age or did I? ha! Plus it was great to make some new friends that I had not met in the past.

Greg.... it was a pleasure to have lunch with you and hang out. Thanks for your support at the close-up and stage shows.

Alan...thanks for letting me use your body mic holder for the close-up contest at Curly's bar. The holder made it so much easier to win my first close-up award performing the money act. I enter just to see how it would play in a bar. They must of liked it.

Jimmy Mollinari and John Born....I will be on the plane flying to St. Louis Midwest Jubilee of Magic on Thursday. Looking forward to working with you there too. WOW back 2 back Weeks!

Finally.... Rick Fisher did an awesome job putting the "MAGIC" in Colon, MI. Plus Rick's Vent act with Rilley the Rabbit KILLS! My son just loved it!

Keep the Magic Going!

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Joseph,

It's good to hear that you won! I won a few years ago and it was a surprise.

Hopefully, I'll find out who placed in the contest at Curly's. They didn't announce the winners until late - I had to stay awake for the drive to Coldwater, where I was staying.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I had a great time this year too. It was great seeing you Alan. Let's get together sometime before next year.

Congrats to Joseph Young for winning the Curly's. It was great to meet you. I fallowed him in second place and I believe Don Wand took third.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 15:18, Jaxon wrote:
I had a great time this year too. It was great seeing you Alan. Let's get together sometime before next year.

Sounds like a plan. I'll be in touch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MagicCelebration Colon, AUG. 1-4 FREE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL