The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Table of Death on MagicAuction.com 7/15/07 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
Does anyone know who the magician is that is trying to sale The Table of Death that is currently on the magicauction? I know it is not the magician that is featured in the photo, but I'm trying to track down who it is. Please PM me if you know - thanks!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
He is on the Café, so why not post your question here??

If it is a question about the unit on Magic Auction, send Auction a note and they will forward it to him.

If it is pertaining to something else, not related to the illusion, they may also forward your e-mail on. You can ask.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
There is a reason that the faces are blotted out in the photos on MagicAuction. Its the same reason that the names of the sellers are not posted. Joe at MagicAuction makes his living by acting as an agent for the seller. Joe has created a place where we know we can find used illusions and he maintains a system that helps protect both seller and buyer.

If you know who the seller is you can contact then directly and make an offer that may be less that it is selling on MagicAuction but more than what the sellers portion would be from the sale. This would not be fair to Joe as the commission he earns is rightfully his. A lot of such sneaky deals have transpired which is really a shame and shows us once again how a dollar bill is more important to some magicians than ethics.

Speaking of MagicAuction and Ethics.... you'd be surprised how many sales Joe turns down because they are knockoffs. Joe supports ethics even though it costs his pocketbook everytime he does. He recently had one idiot insist he sell a knockoff or all the other illusions he had on MagicAuction would also be pulled. Guess what happened..... The knockoff was not allowed and the idiot pulled everything else because Joe wouldn't bend on his morals.

It is for reasons like this that we really need to support Joe in the same ethical manner. If you sign up to sell with Joe then please stick by the terms you agreed to. If someone contacts you for a "side deal" then insist they bid like everyone else.

Best,

Tim
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Good post Timothy, glad to see you back and around!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
HowardT
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of HowardT
Joe does support magic ethics... Do you know he is celebrating 3 million $$ in cash exchanges for magician's used equipment? We all need to continue and support his efforts.
Yes, Welcome back Tim.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thanks Guys,

The knockoffs and what seemed to be a growing lack of ethics in the forum turned me off of the Café for a while. Too much promotion of knockoff origami's and such. I heard from many Café members that reminded me that if I wasn't willing do do anything about it then I shouldn't !@#$% about it so I decided it was best to " put up" rather than " shut up " and jumped back on board. LOL

Best,

Tim
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Just by posting and bringing a logical and reasonable approach to handing knock-offs is doing something, it lets newbies know people are watching and passing judgement on their actions.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
I know far too well the procedures of magicauction, as well as greatly understand and agree to ethics and I work very hard at protecting ethics, even though at times it seems a lost cause. Our search for the owner of the prop actually pertains to this precisely, and our question is one I consider of confidential nature.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, but we still need someone in the know to clarify and point us in the right direction.

Thank you
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

When it sells, I will advise you of their name, and contact info.

Unless, of course, they contact you through this posting.

Question: In the "rights agreements" for Kole illusions does he require each buyer of a prop to pay for the rights, in a resale situation. Or, is it a one time only fee, with the rights transferable??? Anyone?

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
No worries, I'll track it down before it sells. It's a one time thing and are transferable.

Thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Table of Death on MagicAuction.com 7/15/07 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL