The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Very Imprompu "mentalism"...Your guess ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello everyone!

Sometime, an opportunity to do completely impromptu mentalism appears....Here is my small story: I was invited (with others) to a friend house for dinner. Small description: A small garden stand on front of the house and a unique path go from street to the house, there is an open door between street/garden.

I rang the bell….she open the door and said "you are the first one"; I said "I know!" with lots of confidence (she couldn’t understand how I could be so confident Smile) Then I said: "I even feel with certitude that you didn't leave the house for at least the past 3 hours"...She couldn’t understand how I knew all that and was very impress!!
Her face transformed into a big interrogation mark Smile

Do you have an idea how I knew the 2 previous statements ? Smile

Nicolas
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
(1) No other car in the area. (2) Garage was open and no car was in it. A very good guess.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Nice guess CAROLINI Smile
But that's not it because with cars I woudn't be able the second statement: That she didn't leave her home for 3 hours !

:)
Nicolas
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
She was bedridden(sp?) and could not physically leave the house.
P3
practice practice perform.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
No ted french !
She woudn't be so impress by my statement in this case ! Smile

Nicolas
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The first was because she said you were the first one.
Second because you figured she was busy cooking for 3 hours.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
No Jaz Smile

Ok I'll tell you what happen...

By walking through the first opening door (street to small garden), I found a......spiderweb with spider in middle !! Smile
So I knew for sure I was the first one (else the spiderweb would have been "destroy" before me), and a wild guess that it take about 3 hours to make the web, so she didn't leave the house for that laps Smile

Anyway, that's the story and had so much fun with it ! Just had to look at her face to understand the astonishment !

Nicolas
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Very well done!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
That's very good and careful observation. A friend of mine who loves mentalism was once a private eye. It really made him able to notice details that others would miss. Another great observer, albiet ficticious (sp?), was Sherlock Holmes, but even he was based on a real person.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Or Colombo or the Expert series Smile can gives idea on how to interpret secret information !
It can had a lot on impromptu....
paulsmag
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of paulsmag
I just wanna know where you can buy the spiders! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Very Imprompu "mentalism"...Your guess ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL