The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cleaning manip. cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 01:52, WizardB wrote:
What is Norm's site?
Thanks,
Brian

http://www.nnmagic.com/
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
Yes norm nieslen card press is the best, it extends the life of your cards
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22891 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you don't use fanning powder you are not makeing perfectly spaced fans. If you are not using fanning powder, you are missing out on a really great tool to aid in the production of card fanning.

Bee decks are not manipulation cards! They are regular cards meant for playing card games. Back when Bee cards 1st came on the market, they were the cheapest card you could purchase. They were thin flexable and no linen finish or plastic coating. That is why they were recommended for card fan productions.

Now that they have brought the quality up to very high standards, they are not very good for card fanning. To stiff, to slick, to thick, to everything, except they still have the diamond back design. That it is said blends more with skin tone. That is the only reason they are recommended today.

I am talking from history and my personal experience. Actually, the recommeded card way back when was a card called the steamboat brand. It has the a similar back design to Bee.

If you want to clean cards that have not been treated with fanning powder, it will not clean, as you have force the oils and dirt into the card surface. Just buy new cards!

This is another reason to use Fanning Powder. The is different qualities of Fanning Powder. The 2 sources that I recommend is Norm Nielsen and E-Z Magic by D. Robbins Co. (this is wholesaler only so you need to find a dealer that carries their brand.)
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
I'm pretty sure Bees are still great because they are very durable, I have been using the same Bees for a long time!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cleaning manip. cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL