The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rainbow ropes or patriot ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1172 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I just saw that Daryl has re-released his version. However this also goes around as the patriot ropes (Duane Laflin has them for 8 USD). 1) Is there any difference in the quality of rope, 2) are they gimmicked differently, 3) Is there any video demo out there, 4) Any reviews - how does this play for an adult audience?

Hope you can help

DEScription:
This is daryl’s unique and humorous handling for a beautiful effect. Three different colored pieces of rope are shown and openly tied together. Amazingly, the knots melt away, transforming the pieces into one long three-colored Rainbow Rope! You finish clean and everything can be thoroughly examined!

Rainbow Ropes - The Remix comes complete with an expertly manufactured set of ropes (longer, thicker and better quality than any others on the market), detailed written instructions and a performance/explanation DVD featuring numerous effect and handling variations.

Also included on the DVD is daryl’s personal favorite routine where the ropes are counted one at a time and then tied together with two very special knots. The magician blows on the first knot, but it is the SECOND KNOT that drops off the rope! The magician then blows on the rope where the second knot used to be and the FIRST KNOT drops off! It’s an amazing (and hilarious) thing to see!

As always, you will find the exact same top quality production that you have grown to expect from Fooler Doolers and daryl - The Magician’s Magician.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Hi,

I perform it for adult audience and combine it with rope through body and rope through neck.

It works well, is entertaining, but I only perform it as a kind of second choice, when I know that most of my spectators already saw my other two programmes in the last weeks.

Angelo
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have a presentation for this effect that has become a feature routine for me. It's called "The Magic Jump Rope" and it gets TONS of laughs and lots of applause. It is available in PDF for $7.50 on the "General Magic" page of my website: http://www.scottfguinn.com
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1172 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi Scott,

I can't see how that effect on your web page relates to 3 different colors of rope. Your description is : Magic Jumprope
Scott's favorite rope routine for kids and family parlor/platform/stage shows. Complete with the hysterical script. If you have a 6-foot length of rope and a pair of scissors and this script, you've got everything you need for an entertaining routine that will get you repeat and referral bookings! Difficulty: Easy

By the way - I love your sponge ball routine - It's definately one of the best out there.
Can you eleaborate?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hi, Vraagaard!

While I explain the routine with all ropes of the same color, it is my routine for the rainbow ropes. I originally did it with the rainbow ropes, but they got dirty and worn out over the years, so now I do it with white ropes. The scissors are required for the preparation, not the performance.

Thanks for your kind words.

Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Added the Daryl Rainbow Ropes routine into my regular set and it went down really well at my last performance.

Some great teaching on the DVD over and above the standard routine.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8672 Posts

Profile of funsway
I used this many times back when doing Substitute Teaching since there are hundreds of stories that can be told --

the lesson of the day can be illustrated using this effect regardless if it is math, science, history, civics or English.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2229 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Saw this being re-released on Penguin with the ropes being sold with it. Can these ropes be trimmed down to size for professor's nightmare or must you present as is with knots and three equal sizes?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki's "Blendo Ropes" from The Wizards' Journal #16-06, shows how to dye your own ropes and then use them in far more effects than just "The Professor's Nightmare". Because you dye the ropes yourself, you aren't limited to red, white, and blue- any color goes.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
My wife for our anniversary told me I can pick a magic effect as her gift to me for our anniversary so I just ordered this from Hocus Pocus magic they said they are selling like crazy I got the red White and blue version I will give a review once I've played with it for a while I'm really looking forward to this I've been told if you do rope magic which I basically do not this is a good effect to know. I'm looking forward to it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I have an old set that I've had for many years but I want to get the new set from Daryl.
Allen
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22445 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2020, mtstic44 wrote:
I have an old set that I've had for many years but I want to get the new set from Daryl.
Allen

As you may know, Daryl is no longer with us (deceased). I read that his magic was overtaken by another person, and there was a website of his products. I cannot locate the website, but did find that Vanishing Inc. has a number of his products listed for sale. The only rope effect listed twice is his Amazng Actobatic Knot effect. Neither listing says if these are the newer knitted rope. The effect you inquired about is not listed, so you may have to email them to find out if it is available.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magician/Daryl-Easton/

If you cannot find Daryl's products you are looking for, here is a U.S. based website that sells products made in India. They have the effects in knitted rope. Take a look and as their prices are very low as compared to other websites.

https://magicgoods.com/products?keywords=rope

You can also inquire in the Lets Make a Deal topic on the Café for someone who wished to sell their Daryl product.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rainbow ropes or patriot ropes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL