The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for Jam? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
I'm looking at building the Jam illusion, but I was wondering if there are any good plans ot there?

I have Rand's Illusionworks, but there is no actual dimensions or anything, just a couple drawings. Is there a source of better material out there?

Or if someone has built one, or owns one, I would really appreciate some pointers!

And you make it clear... If I had the money to buy KK, I would, but at this point, I need to build my own.

Sam
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I'm not a huge fan of Rand's Jam Illusin.. I think it looks "klunky".. but here's the real scoop.

You don't need plans. You need cardboard or foam core. Build one out of those materials.. and plenty of glue and tape. Build it JUST as you would the real thing. Have plenty of extra materials on hand. Start to cut down teh dimensions until you or your normal assistant JUST fit.. and then measure that. Those are now your plans...

It'll take longer than you think. That's good. It'll be harder than you think. That's good too.

keep in mind that wood has thickness..probably thicker than cardboard. The more you make out of aluminum, the smaller your prop will be..but considerably heavier than if you make it out of wood.

Best of luck!
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
I ditched my old design, and came up with this new one, but I'm not sure what to do about colours yet... Any ideas?

Starting position, no tube, regular light.

With tube through box, dark lighting.

Thanks, Sam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for Jam? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL