We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Bob Elliott (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Our San Diego IBM Ring 76 will be honoring Bob this Sunday, July 22 for all of his contributions to the magic community. We will be presenting him with a Tribute book containing notes/messages from his friends around the world.

Bob has touched many people throughout the years (just don’t let his parole officer know ... he was just trying to guess their weight). For those of you who may not be familiar with him: Bob served as the director for Tannen’s Magic Camp and taught magic to many young magicians (including David Copperfield). He also taught Harry Lorayne’s Memory Course and magic for Frank Garcia. His mentor was Brother John Hamman and he was best friends with Derek Dingle. Bob and his wife, Happy, have played host to many magicians at their NY residence. They retired to Oceanside, CA (San Diego County) almost 2 years ago. Bob continues to do magic, giving away lots of half dollar coins to kids on a daily basis.

We’ve received many greetings and notes from his friends. However, if you had not been contacted and wish to pass on greetings or share a story about Bob, please do so here (or PM me) and I’ll pass them on to Bob at the Banquet. If you’d like to contact Bob and Happy, feel free to PM me for details.

jeff in san diego
http://www.medicine-in-motion.com
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Oops - forgot to mention that Bob has absolutely no knowledge of this tribute so please do not mention it to him if you call him directly!
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego
211 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
Hey doc

its me Jeff

is it being held at Jacks Place???
Hey, what can I say

O YEAH

www.myspace.com/jeffmagicman

add me, talk to me....if you add me send a message telling me what your screen name
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
I'll PM you with the info, Jeff.

jocdoc
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Bob is a fantastic man. He has helped and encouraged many magicians.
Greetings from Long Island. I have the pleasure of calling Bob my friend. I have also had the pleasure of working with him. I have learned a lot from him.
My son Zach has also known and learned from Bob.
Send him our best wishes. I know Bill White visted him and Happy last week. I will get the report on Bob's health.
Harry Mandel
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Thanks, Harry.

Bill never made it out here as trip was cancelled. I know that Bob was looking forward to joining him for an evening at the Castle.

Bob and Happy are doing very well. They've adjusted to southern California (tough putting up with the blue skies, palm trees, and mild temps.... I moved out here from NJ in '88). His health is stable and he's getting around quite well. We drive to local magic shops and meetings together. We recently met Bob Fitch up in L.A. and John Carney down here in San Diego. You can see some recent pics of Bob on my website at: http://www.medicine-in-motion.com/News%20Update.htm; (Check out the following dates 7/4/2007 and 11/6/2006.)

I'll pass on your regards. Thanks for responding!

jeff in san diego
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Thanks to all who responded to the call! We had a marvelous event and caught Bob completely by surprise. The tribute book was full of nice stories about Bob from magicians whom he's affected over the years including Michael Ammar, Chriss Angel, Aldo Columbini, and many other names who so often grace these forums and magic magazines.

Magician Michael Johnson has posted a summary of the event, as well as pictures, on a website that he created especially for Bob: http://www.magicianbobelliott.com. You can also view pictures of Bob taken with many of his friends over the years.[I expect that many of the tribute stories will be posted as well when Michael gets a chance.]

Thanks, again, for all who contributed. Bob was very appreciative of your kind words.

jeff in san diego
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego
211 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
Sorry I couldn't make in doc

I was caught in LA at a dan and ave buck lecture that I scheduled before hand

SORRY...i REALLY AM

I'm going to get Bob something for the next time I see him
Hey, what can I say

O YEAH

www.myspace.com/jeffmagicman

add me, talk to me....if you add me send a message telling me what your screen name
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Bob Elliott (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL