The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Freudian mentalism? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Shortest word is : feedback
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Alright - this man goes to the psychiatrist and says 'Doctor, you've got to help me. My wife thinks I'm crazy because I love sausages'.

The shrink responds by saying 'What? That's preposterous. I like sausages, but that doesn't make me crazy'.

So the man says 'Great! You must come to my house and see my collection. I've got hundreds of them.'

Not exactly Freudian, but I found it amusing.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
But in hindsight - I realize now that my joke could be (and probably is) rather offensive to people who have been influenced by mental health problems. I sincerely apologize to anyone who may have been upset by this rather crude and insensitive joke. Sorry.

Shall we just focus on psychoanalytically flavoured routines?

Any more contributions?
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
How's this:

Develop demonstrable attributes for Jung's typological quartet: Thinking, Feeling, Sensation and Intuition.

--Lucia

inner being worker
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
What, are you suggesting CR's for each of these types?

Or some kind of prediction? Such as:- I knew you'd do that, because you're this type ... and this type has this quality ... which you've just exhibited.

Could you please elaborate T.H.?
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Thinking Function could be demonstrated with a mathmatique perhaps utilizing the principle of throwing out the mimes.

inner being worker
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Yeah - I kind of like where you're going with it.

But on the other hand - unless I'm mistaken, that four-fold model of personality isn't widely respected these days. And I'd hate to present out-of-date science. And before anyone starts - psychodynamics is not out of date!

Although you are giving me some ideas ...

But anyway, we shouldn't have to invent our own psychodynamic presentations (although I'm not saying we shouldn't be original)! There should be loads out there, given that psychodynamics is the oldest school of thought in psychology. There should be an overabundance of such presentations.

I swear, there must be some in the Jinx. Alas, I only have the thing on CD rom, and I can't read it all off the screen. What we need is a Jinx expert to read this thread, then supply the references.

But thanks for the thoughts T.H.!
Mentalisten
View Profile
New user
London, UK
62 Posts

Profile of Mentalisten
'Instant Transference'

Spectator is aksed to genuinely go along with the routine or it won't work. After a quick intro to transference, they are aksed to perceive the mentalist as someone they know (eg. parent, caregiver, aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, spouse, ex etc.) and to be comfortable with their decision. They are aksed to write down this person's name and relation to them and then, using whatever method (ie. acidus), you acquire the information.

You then ask them to continue acting toward you as if you were that person. You state that you are psychoanalytically reading their responses & behaviour to provide clues as to which person you are being perceived as- the phenomena of transference. Leave the mystery by revealing the name also?!
'Welcome to the Jungle' - Axl Rose
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
My God! That is really quite tasty. Good work!

And you could instruct the participant to 'hear that person speaking to you'.

So not only do you divine, say, a thought-of word (an object that was meaningful when the participant was growing up - such as a skateboard or a rubik's cube), or the name of the person. You also figure out exactly WHOSE voice the spectator is hearing. That is something I've always wanted to do in a piece of mind reading.

Nice one Mentalisten
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Ollie, say you're not changing your name to The Nut Cracking Brain Crusher.

inner being worker
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Yeah, I think I will if the mods let me. Don't you like it? You don't think it's over the top, do you?
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Speaking for both the cracked nuts and the brain crushed, yes. How about: X?

inner being worker
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Ha ha - Well, I was just trying to out-do Mindpunisher with the militancy of my name. Maybe I'll choose something milder ...

But what's in a name anyway?
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Well, now, you wouldn't want Oily Crafty, would you?

Cor Blimey that Banjo needs intoning Guvnor.

inner being worker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Freudian mentalism? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL