The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Which wallet would you advise.

Panther
Widowmaker

I own the original wallet but I don't like the look of the ID back if you know what I mean. Any advice?

Thanks

Alan
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Mind Controller JB Magic UK ( Blackpool ) don't underestimate its value.....killer stuff. Thought I'd get that in before the SUC bashers get here.
Mark
E.O.I
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Lol, suc basher here and ready to rumble! I'm with the stealth assassin wallet.

but if you are only interested in the two you mention, widowmaker.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
SUC II...love the Outlaw stuff but nothing beats it. And it really does smell marvelous.

DT3
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
The Outlaw does one thing better than any other (2 things, actually) it allows you a FULL card peek WITHOUT having to re-open the wallet. The Stealth Assassin is the most versatile, in that it can be used as an everyday wallet, and comes with two DVD's of routines that feature all the various things the wallet can do.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Hi Gabelson, trust me there really is no issue with reopening the wallet, I perform literally every night with The Assassin and have NEVER been called on this, it totally depends on your attitude, conviction and rational..

A recent quote from an event organiser who has seen magician after magician, mind reader after mind reader simply said.. "That is very unnerving.. You can't know that without reading my mind!"

In regards to the Outlaw Wallets they are great too and it really is a personal preference thing.. The Assassin is exceptionally versatile and the routines we touched on the DVDs was really the tip of the ice berg...

Out of the two wallets mentioned above I would go with The Widow Maker as well..

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
rick727
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX, USA
188 Posts

Profile of rick727
Quote:
On 2007-07-18 14:29, write2david wrote:
Lol, suc basher here and ready to rumble! I'm with the stealth assassin wallet.

but if you are only interested in the two you mention, widowmaker.

David, your response does not make sense. I thought the Stealth Assassin is an SUC wallet. Are you saying you do like the SA Wallet, or not?

Thanks,
-Rick
Practice what you present.

Present what you practice.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Marc-

I have great respect for you, and own all your videos. Love "The Unexpected", perhaps most of all of your videos, as I prefer "pack flat" effects. I ALSO own an Assassin, and use it as my everyday wallet. As you said, it's exceptionally versatile. And when I do "Hollywood Or Bust", or "Short List", I also have no problem re-opening the wallet, as there's a perfect justification with it within the routine. There are, however, many other routines for which I prefer a full card peek; as you never know that the spec will write in the correct place, even when instructed to do so, or when I need to see the information QUICKLY. In addition, being a business card wallet, there is no reason a performer shouldn't carry BOTH an Assassin AND an Outlaw. The Outlaw allows you to put the spec's face-down card BETWEEN two business cards, you put the wallet away, the work is done. Meanwhile, you've gotten a full-card peek. Can't get any cleaner.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I use the Assassin and also recently ordered an Outlaw wallet.

These are the only two I have any interest in using. The SUC was amazing. I used that for a long time as well.

Best,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Hi Gabelson,

Thanks for the kind words, I have many reasons to reopen the wallet what ever the routine, I think I mention this on the SA DVD, but if not here goes:

For a simple drawing duplication effect that needs to be quick to the point and without too much going on in the routine I simple place a business card on the right side of the wallet, this card has a badly drawn house covering the whole card, I take this card out and another blank card when doing this routine.

I do not show the drawing but place both cards down on the table and put the wallet to one side, I hand the blank card to a particpant who then does a drawing, this is then taken and put back into my wallet, I don't ask for the card or make a big deal out of it, I just hold my hand out and they give it to me, my head is slightly turned away also. The wallet is again put on the table or I get someone to hold it..

At this point there is one card left on the table which unknown to every one else has a drawing already on it, I should point out I have instructed the particpant to avoid drawing a flower or a house as most people do that. I then go into dialogue about them sitting in the office with someone on the phone, I get them to visualise looking at the clock wishing it was the end of the day as the voice just rambles on over the phone, you find yourself doodling away and the image you have drawn is the image you have in your mind..

After other bits of nonsense such as asking them about hobbies, interests, which door they would open in a corridor with doors on the left and right etc etc I reach down and grab the card on the table only to 'then' realise it has a drawing on it.. note (conviction is everything here) I then simply take the wallet pop it open and get what I need ;-) and then finish off the routine..

I should also point out that the SUC portion of the SA can be used for drawings as a lot of the time you can tell what they have drawn even if you can't see the whole drawing if you want quick p--k action..
Another thing you can do is pop the card in the wallet and ask someone to stand on the other side of you as they move around p--k the image with the one handed method on the DVD..

I have had a situation where a person wrote a name but did it so small I didn't have a hope in hell, so thinking on my feet I asked another person to see a card in the deck which I fo---d on them, I then instructed them to write this down and show everyone whilst I looked away.. When my back was turned I opened the wallet and literally stared right down on the image and managed to make a name out..
Not ideal but it goes to show that the reopening really is not an issue..

The other thing that is really important with the SA is PLEASE make sure you add the credit card subtlety to the top left pocket, this really adds to the subconcious illusion of their card going on top of a credit card and thus being sandwiched. I never use the side entrance into the p--k area, I always use the top load..

Peter Nardi and I will have a suprise for you all no matter what wallet you use in the near future, I can't say more than that.. But the reactions I get when I use the SA with the right presentation and conviction is astonishing and I never get used to the comments that come back after a reveal..

Spelmann
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Boydy

I love the design and functionality of the SAW, but the use of a hip pocket wallet does not seem to work well for me. When I reach for my wallet, I have the urge to pull out the credit card, flash the baby pictures, or remove some cash (if there is any), but that’s about it. Those are the natural uses of a wallet for me. I think it effective for "object to impossible location" type effects, and it is great to hold money and credit card based items, but pulling out items for people to write on from what is a holder for personal and valuable items does not really fit with me. It feels and looks awkward.

The business card type wallet is designed to hold business and calling cards, and over here, they are common place. Removing a business card from one of those is more acceptable (at least as I see it). The Outlaw and the SUC are the best wallets I've found of this type.

A pocket secretary, notebook, or day planner type wallet also are natural. These type wallets can be peek, impression, switch, and object to impossible location devices. There are a host of these that are very good.

Most hip pocket and breast pocket wallets in the mystery entertainment field were originally modified for the "object to impossible location" effects, they were further adapted for use in mentalism because they were being used in magic. Their use is usually not very natural.

Tony
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Hi Tony,

As with anything it is personal preference but I have never had anyone look at me strangely when I take a business card from the business card section of my business / credit card sized wallet.. I do this night after night week after week, in the UK, Europe, USA etc and have never had even the remotest feeling of it seeming odd to my audiences..

The SAW is hardly bigger than an SUC and is only slightly thicker.. Mark Strivings the creator of the SUC uses an SAW.. Cassidy uses an SAW and a Mind Spy.. The very idea of the SAW is that it is worn, used and looks like a wallet that has a function. In the UK I could genuinely go up to 1000 men and maybe at most 10 of them would have a slim business card carry case..

Spelmann
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Stealht assasin is the best, get it.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
SAW. It is always in my hip pocket so I can always do something. Even if I have nothing.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL