The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unexpected (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's FUNNY Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-07-19 02:05, gabelson wrote:

I carry Bryn Reynold's BusinessCOIN prediction in my wallet. I regularly knock people's socks off with that, and it's extremely low-tech and simple. In what way is that "Expected"? For that matter, in what way is ANY of the material on "Unexpected" "expected"? Following that reasoning, any peek wallet is "expecting", as it is not as "organic" as a CT. In the end, it makes no difference which you use. Both are as "unexpected" to the audience as the other.

While researching previous posts for a booklet on original mentalism effects I am releasing, a couple of which that utilize the BCP methodology, I stumbled across this post.....

Thanks for the nice words, Gabe!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2007-07-19 13:05, gabelson wrote:
<<Bill and Ben??>>
Just what I was thinking, too, Slim. Although Spellman and Nardi are more like Ben and Jerry.

Kidding.

Quote:
On 2007-07-19 09:34, Dr Spektor wrote:
I have this DVD too and it rocks! The Martin/Lewis of Mentalism!

So is it "Ice Cream" or "showbiz" ? Then that would make them Dean and Jerry . Smile

John
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
The Nardi/Spellman double act on the DVD's that came with the SAW made the whole watching and learning experience actually fun. I've several DVD's from other names that could learn a lesson from this.

The Unexpected is definately on my post-x'mas hit list.
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
114 Posts

Profile of Elputty
Yeah I have to say I was surprised Unexpected didn't make more of a buzz when it came out.

I've had great success with Single Handed Gellar, although of course there is the challenge of the state quarters now being widely in circulation. One person I know was quite angry at me because she couldn't do her laundry =)

I've done the drawing duplication about twice and it killed both times. I feel like its a little cluttered as a routine though.

But definitely the best part of the whole she-bang are the two charming and charismatic brits.
spinki
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of spinki
I love the effect (cloth changing), which will be on their next DVD.
It was clean and direct, great - just
unexpected
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I like an use the Feeling routine for walkaround. It is a wonderful icebreaker and gets stronger as you repeat it. Although I did expand the selections.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I was kind of hoping there wasn't going to be any buzz on this dvd! Smile
and I agree, the effects are fine, but listening to nardi and spellman talking about the development of the effect or its presentation is just as educational.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I wish there was more buzz on this DVD. I've gotten to watching Fistful of Dollars and Drinks on the Patio. Those two are already things that I will use forever and ever. Simple and brilliant. I am going to convert "Drinks on the Patio" to give somebody a present and add a little more kicker. This stuff is great.
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I swear by the stuff Spelmann and Nardi release. Its all so good to use in the real world (I hate using that term). The Unexpected dvd IS really really good mentalism.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unexpected (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL