The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Did Kevin James "Dumb Down" for AGT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
In the post interview of America's Got Talent, James stated he has better to do for the finals.

I think he may have been saving his best - but was this his 2nd best?

Lastly (IMHO) AGT did a grave diservice to magic when they edited in the shot of (and forgive me I do not know her name) the girl - cut in half and made up as a black doctor - handwalking off stage. - Not only that but James should not have had her do this in any case - gives the trick away and that's not right.
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
In general I'm annoyed with AGT. I watched Kevin's most recent act on YouTube. My guess is that he's saving the snow for the finals, but how well is that going to translate to the audience at home? I've seen the snow both on TV and in a live audience. It's MUCH more thrilling live...

Kevin is an amazing magician who knows what he's doing. Something about his last act felt weird. I was annoyed by Piers little comment about the method too...

I've personally come to the conclusion that AGT is 100% scripted. I actually refuse to watch the show anymore. All I wanted was a bona fide talent show with interesting acts. AGT is just another bogus reality show.
Hey Song
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Hey Song
Why would he even want to perform Snow if people are doing a variation of it around the world? If he does it, then the judges and the viewers won't think it's original enough.
Besides, Nathan Burton already performed it last year on the show. Unless Kevin has something different to bring to his routine this time, then he won't go anywhere on the show with Snow.

That's just my opinion and I'm prolly wrong, but I wish him all the best.
Hope he wins!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
The handing walking is in the routine that he does...I've seen it on youtube and it's listed in another thread, so what you saw was a quick glimps of what he did. They really edited his spot a lot.
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
I can't imagine that he's really holding back.
Do people really think his Snow trick is better than cutting that person in half and having the torso run around the stage?
What's his finale going to be? Floating rose?
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-07-25 13:27, cbmar wrote:
I can't imagine that he's really holding back.
Do people really think his Snow trick is better than cutting that person in half and having the torso run around the stage?
What's his finale going to be? Floating rose?

There is no finale for him...
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
The nurse/girl does not get cut in half. The orderly does and he is African American. The walking on his hands is part of the routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Did Kevin James "Dumb Down" for AGT? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL