The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Aces & Silk Chambers by Arlen Studios (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
This effect looks very, very nice. However, I am wondering if it is absolutely necessary to put the 4 aces into the performer's pocket in order to accomplish the "switch." Would it be possible to put the four aces into a small box on the table, let's say, and have the covered silk in the glass chamber appear in the box on the table while the cards re-appear inside the glass chamber?

Doing stuff with my pants pockets just makes me nervous, and it seems sort of "fishy" to me. That's why I'm asking this question.

I hope someone can help. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Frank
daveazz
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of daveazz
You can do a switch with a jumbo card case or other such device. The pants is just one way of performing the effect.

Dave
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
Thanks, Dave, for the reply!

Anybody else have any other suggestions on doing this effect WITHOUT resorting to using one's pants pockets as explained in the instructions?

Thanks!
Arlen
View Profile
Regular user
Keith Arlen Lack
143 Posts

Profile of Arlen
fhood,

Thanks for your post and interest in my product. The pocket dodge is an easy way to do it but many, including myself use a card box to make the change. You need one of the deeper cut boxes so as to hold the folded silk. Viking makes a very nice one as do we at http://www.arlenstudio.com . Another few ways to do the change are as follows:

Use a drawer box, A change bag, a switching breast pocket wallet (I have just started to do this with my old Himber wallet. It works very well). Or another cool way to do it is do a silk to cards vanish/production with a reel. If you are unfamiliar with this method, PM me and I will walk you through it. This is quite visual. I just did this for the first time in front of a small audience at one of our dinner party shows and it really got a great reaction. I am sure if you look at the magic props you already have, you will find other possibilities I have yet to think of. My very best to you in your quest and thanks again for the post.
Happy Conjuring,

Keith Arlen Lack
530-221-7324
www.arlenstudio.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Aces & Silk Chambers by Arlen Studios (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL