The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mystery Entertainers Survey (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
Dr Todd,

I hope the results won't only be released at the London meeting. I'm interested in the final outcome as well, but won't be in London.

Cheers,

Nick
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 19:29, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
Anabelle, the name bubbleburst was choosen for a particular purpose, yes.

Unless I have misundertood what pupose that is, I would recommend the name "spellcheckerburst2004" and we shall leave your grammar be. After all, she's probably old and sweet.

D.
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Don, sorry, english is not my first language.
I am however interested in your thoughts on the question I posed in my last post?
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 21:21, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
Don, sorry, english is not my first language.
I am however interested in your thoughts on the question I posed in my last post?

Thanks and I'm sorry if I offended you with my sophmoric humor. In reading the question in your last post I say this is all just communication foibles.

At the same time, the reason I was so jugular-jumpy was because I think Dr. Todd has a great study going on.

It's not fair to him to criticize him for the fact that his survey reached beyond his expectations to people who commnunicate in different ways. I do think it's awesome that his study has taken on a global umbrella, and those same hindrances make me even more excited to view the results, as I feel I can learn much more from fellow artists in completely different cultures.

I apologize for making fun of your confusion, and if we switched shoes I would deem that an unclassy move. Still, I think both (rather ALL) of us can learn from this excercise, so let's work together to bridge the communication gaps instead of using them as swords.

I doubt I'm alone in my anticipation to view Dr. Todd's results.

Thanks,

Donnie
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 19:29, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
Anabelle, the name bubbleburst was choosen for a particular purpose, yes. And when your bubble needs to be burst I will do so too.

Let me just run this past again. I'm invited to take part in a survey. I do so. I'm interested in the results (still am.) One of the questions does not have a scale, so is open to misunderstanding. I point this out, as do several other people. I thought it was a pity the survey was spoiled by this mistake. The person running the survey says it doesn't matter as he can tell which way everyone intended to vote. I don't believe this is possible. Do you?

Once again, you misunderstand me. Errors in ranking owing to the scale are minor in the overal distribution of responses...the mean scores will not be overly affected, but the standard deviation will be slightly more so.

If I were to run crosstabulations or correlations, or more appropriately non-parametric estimations to look at relationships among the variables (e.g. methods vs influences) then the few errors would not detract from the overall findings. Any parameter that is estimated would have an associated margin of error. Since I do not have a random sample, the most we can say is to make references to the sample group itself and not to some unknown population of mentalists. I am more interested in the basic descriptive statistics.

I did not say that I knew how they would vote up front. After a few responses and queries on the scale, I amended it to give guidance. In the end, only two questions have been affected in this manner, where the overall distribution of responses in consistent. And as also I keep saying, the free text entries are proving to be the most interesting. Once peer reviewed in London, the results will be published as part of a longer essay entitled Reflections on Mentalism.

I do hope this answers the queries.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 19:37, npm37 wrote:
Dr Todd,

I hope the results won't only be released at the London meeting. I'm interested in the final outcome as well, but won't be in London.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick, once reviewed in London, I will make them available as part of a larger essay entitled Reflections on Mentalism.

Cheers

Todd
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:

I noticed that I could not log into the survey again from this IP address.

Yes, it is limited to one response per IP address...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mystery Entertainers Survey (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL