The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Anyone interested in having a fun little contest? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Ok, here's what I'm proposing. How about a little contest where you can create a video of an ILLUSION routine. The video can be edited, a computer animation, or you can use any other means to achieve the "method" that would normally be considered "cheating."

The idea of being allowed to use video editing is so that you don't need to worry about the method at all...the focus of the contest would be on the ROUTINE, whether it's funny, or follows a theme well, or has nice theatrical flow, or maybe has some interesting element of originality, or blends music/lighting/special effects well, etc.

One stipulation would be that the videos be available to all of the Café members to take ideas from andm aybe incorporate into their shows in various shapes and forms, so please don't use any copyrighted material. By the same token, if this contest runs and you do find something you'd like to use, please give credit where credit is due.

If there is enough interest to run this, I'll put up a list of items that I don't use any more that are worth anywhere from $50-150 that the winner(s) can choose from and I'll send it free, including shipping.

Add your name to this thread if you'd be interested in contributing a video, and then we can generate a timeline and some general guidelines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Anyone interested in having a fun little contest? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL