The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah Cloth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Where to get those classic asrah forms (sitting girl; laying girl)? PS! Beside places that sell those, please point out great sources where to learn this kind of thing. Cause my own creations look awful so far. Smile

Thanks,
Jürgen,
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
I custom make these forms as well as ones that move.
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Craig does good work. Bill Smelk (Wellington Enterprises) and Bill Smith could also help you.

Sit with the known builders to avoid trouble.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, you get great work and at the same time avoid costly mistakes and headaches too.
WizardB
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of WizardB
I recommend the newer, less expensive, pre-made European forms, as I have have a good experience with them. Also they require a considerable less from the theater you are performing in. No rigging is required, and thus the lighting is less extensive. Even if you are luck enough to have a theater with the proper set up (which, in my experience would be a rare but enjoyable experience...) it would still work just as well and be more simple. I have performed the Asrah in ballrooms and even on crowded dance floors. In my opinion, the European is much more versatile, and overall a better choice for the traveling performer.
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
WizardB, Where did you get your European form? Is there a specific brand that is best?
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
WizardB
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of WizardB
Sorry for the late reply...As far as I know, the forms are all the same, (except for the Lipan Version... to expensive, in my opinion.)I got mine at klamm-magic.com, It was 450. Also, just out of morbid curiosity, and because I ran into this problem myself, how do you plan on executing the crucial move. Do you have a deceptive table-base, or will you do as I did and do a vertical, mummy-wrapping switch, and then bring her upright? A base would, in my opinion defeat the purpose of buying the portable form. I would just get a large piece of felt (felt has the proper weight, as bedsheets and other lighter cloths tend to show through) and do a mummy wrapping, but instead of another assistant...you get the idea. Also. make the felt piece about the size of a standard bedsheets, or whatever you would use for a normal mummy-wrapping effect.
Hope this helps!
Brian (WizardB)
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Brian,

Great idea on the sheetwrap. I do a sheetwrap effect now but with a double switch. I really like the idea of taking the girl, wrapping her up and lifting her from vertical to horizonal. With the right miming, the weight of the girl could reduce over time until she was floating. Great idea.

Or did I get that wrong and you simply have her float vertically?
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Basically, what I am looking for is more like a DeKolta Chair. But does it comes complete with cloth and form? Or is it just a one part of the illusion and I have to find the form and cloth elsewhere?

PS! FIRSTLY: Can I perform DeKolta Chair illusion also without a special backdrop, (We have seen Chris Angel performing it outside and if I remember correctly, DC did not used this backdrop also?

SECONDLY: How this form operates? Will it comes off with the cloth? Does this cloth have a significant meaning at all, or can it be just a regular sheet? Will it hides himself behind the back of the chair? Or is it just staing in position all the time and not moveing at all? Who controls this movement of the form (if it moves and hides himself somehow)?

I use a base (Zimmermann) I built miself and would like to perform the Illusion in a supermarket. People are not surrounding the platform (they are like in theatre and watching from one side). Actually I even do not want anyone to start revealing the secret by answering to the questions, but I am more interested in that: am I able to perform the illusion like so, or do I have to start building a stage with special backdrop etc. So basically, what I ask is that, what do I have to consider, while planning this performance and this illusion?

THIRDLY: Who makes the best prop? I mean what do you suggest: where should I buy DeKolta Chair?

So many questions, SO thanks allready for reading my post Smile
Jürgen,
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Well ... anyone? If you do not want to post it here, you may also PM me.

Jürgen,
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
L) Get a book telling you about the DeKolta Chair and it's method, no special backdrop is required if using the base, re. the form, it depends on your presentation, and then this would impact the type of cover used.

2) You built a Zimmerman base yourself, GREAT, did you send Dick a cheque, or did you pay through Paypal for the rights??

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
The rights for Zimmermann cost only $500, that even suprised me, I thought, that those would be lot more expensive. Anyway, can you suggest any certain books?

Thanks,
Jürgen,
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 18:13, Blair Marshall wrote:

2) You built a Zimmerman base yourself, GREAT, did you send Dick a cheque, or did you pay through Paypal for the rights??

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

Blair,

Where do you pay for the rights online? Does Dick have a site? If not he should.LOL

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah Cloth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL