The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Potassium permanganate source? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zulusavior
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of zulusavior
Can someone point me in the right direction to find potassium permanganate locally in the US.
Thanks
aquamage
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of aquamage
To get chemicals like that you used to have to go to an official chemical warehouse supplier. Depending on the substance you would have to fill out certain forms and produce I.D., etc. These days with heightened security on all those sorts of things your chances may not be great. Depending on the effect you are trying to achieve you are usually better off finding a commercial magic product that does what you want and buying it.
Michael Midnight
View Profile
Regular user
Southern Swamp
104 Posts

Profile of Michael Midnight
This chemical is readily available on e-bay. I purchased this 2 weeks ago, and had no problems with forms or I.D. Post office delivered to my house in hazardous materials container. Evidently this chemical has some use in fish ponds. Please note that I only ordered 2 pounds, which is more than enough to last years for the magic effect I'm using it for. I agree with aquamage's advice in that ordering much of this stuff could raise some eyebrows. So could ordering together the chemical to ignite this.

Good luck and be careful with this.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Pot permang. should be available from chemists.It is used for mouthwashes and Sitz baths and also for rinsing vegetables (to neutralize traces of c
hemicals/insecticides by oxidising them).
On Michael Midnights statement on'the stock lasting years',I would like to add that they loose their effectiveness.I was trying the pot perm. +glyc. thing but could not produce any heat with 2 yr old chemicals. .The products have an expiry date.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Potassium permanganate source? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL