The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Awesome Backdrop For School Shows, Etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I had been using a Jet-Set backdrop for my school shows, etc. but often found it to be too bulky to haul around. I have been looking for something that was just as simple to setup but that packed even flatter, if that makes any sense.

Last week I saw another performer using something called a Twistflex and thought it was just awesome. Weighs almost nothing and sets itself up....literally. Comes with a travle bag that you simply upzip and you are done. It sets up in 2 seconds and folds back just as quick.

Here is a link to the companies website if anyone is interested....

http://www.dennymfg.com/store/index.php?......temid=26

They have several different patterns and sizes to choose from. These things are great. I am going to get the one with the background of a brick wall with chalk drawings on it.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
That looks pretty good. Does it stand up by itself or does it need some kind of support?
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
You can prop it up against a chair or wall, etc. Very lightweight!
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
The double-sided 6' x 7' white/black (SKU: DTM-BW) looks very interesting, and the price is reasonable.

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
I'm not feeling it yet. $300 for an 8' backdrop is better than $100 for the same size from Abbotts?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
I do more outside shows than inside and need a backdrop that will provide side cover as well as back ground. So I ordered 3 EZ-UP canopies, 10'x15' Put them together you have a ground stage that is 35' wide, with 10' wings on each side of a 15' performance area.

And before you say it, yes I am crazy.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Where is the Abbotts backdrops? I have searched the Abbotts site and all I find is the jet set backdrops but no actual backdrops?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Patriot
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Patriot
Like Billy, I prefer self-supporting backdrops that can be used indoors or outdoors. The Twistflex screens appear to be little more than elaborate windshield sunscreens with no support. I very seldom have a wall available to "lean" something against and I don't have time to waste scrounging a makeshift support structure.

I still prefer Jeff Jones' colorful and multi-layered backdrops. They're adjustable in height and width, set up and break down in 2-3 minutes, fold up to the size and weight of a collapsible sports chair and really present a professional impression. He's currently working on a design with independent adjustable side wings for greater coverage and enclosure. I use mine constantly indoors and out. I'll try to post a picture later today.

Not cheap...but they are individually sewn and assembled in the U.S. with quality parts and a money back guarantee. I've had mine for over a year and it looks as good as the day I bought it.

Http://www.magicnc.com/21881_15131.asp?submenu=6
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Ooops...I forgot to mention that these are only going to work indoors. I do not offer my shows outside...ever!

The Abbots Jet-Set is great and the price is excellent. However, when broken down, you have a very long pole that sticks out and is awkward.

The Twistiflex is very simple and looks great! Yes, you need to lean it up against something. You can take a simple chair and prop it up against it and it will stay in place.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have one of Jeff's backdrops too, and love it. Attached is a picture of one.

Click here to view attached image.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Instead of a backdrop how about a cool advert banner at:

sugarhousebanners.com

Easy to assemble. Send them the graphics and they will create a nice one for you. It's about 75 an hour. I've never paid more than 75 for the design work. They are nice because you can make them look like part of the show.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Awesome Backdrop For School Shows, Etc. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL