The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Party Popper Wand Which One Man Parade?: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
Sometime in the late 1980's or in the 1990's a magician compiled a one man parade in The Linking Ring.
Much of it was to do with the use of Party Poppers. One item in particular was a Party Popper Wand. This fired a party popper.I have used one for many years & wish to credit the inventor in a series of articles I am writing.I think he also issued a booklet on PP's. I did have this but it went to a young professional magician some 2 years ago.
So guys, if you know:
Who was the inventor?...I think he was English.
Which TLR did it appear in and when?
Many thanks.
Allen Tipton UK
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
In the April '93 Linking Ring, a One Man Parade was contributed by a Brian Eden from Surrey, England. There were a couple of effects using "party poppers." One was "Bang-Bang-Banger" and the other was "Exploding Trevor's Telescope."

In May '93, this OMP was continued in that issue and another effect called "Exploding Matchbox" also made use of a party popper.

Is this who you were thinking about?

Mark.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
This is it!!!

In the Jan. '95 issue of The Linking Ring, Brian Eden again submitted a One Man Parade. In it, he talks, and describes, a "Whopper-Popper Wand."

He says in the article that in the May '88 issue of Repro's Club 71 magazine, he described firing a wand called a "popper wand" and wanting something better, thus the Whopper-Popper Wand.

Interesting...

Mark.
ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
Just looked at your posting Mark and Yes it is Brian Eden's work I was looking for. The name came back in a flash as soon as I saw it. I was looking for. Hurray.
Many thanks.
Allen
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Allen,

Did it really come back in a flash, or did it "POP" into your head. Smile

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Party Popper Wand Which One Man Parade?: (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL