The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What trick do you recommend between ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
I found this ... where can buy this ?

Bob Infantino performing Daryl's "Audio Transpostion"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2NELOUVcEQ
INFANTINO
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of INFANTINO
Hey, it's me...Bob Infantino. Audio Transposition is from Daryl's lecture notes from way back in the mid 80's. I don't know if he still sells the notes, you might want to contact him. All I know is, this trick gets a GREAT reaction from both kids and adults.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Ouch Chris . . . A little harsh. I agree with your sentiment, but think you may overstate it a tad. I do think that if David wants openers/closers, he should look at Dennis' routining suggestions and also those by great kids magicians like David Ginn (several books on order of tricks in shows - Google his website) and Silly Billy (good book mentions those issues if I recall) and Sammy Smith (Big Smiles for Little Kids is close to the title).

Like David, I am also a bit of a novice, but do a lot of research and try to "give back" when I also ask (always state what I do for opener/closers and ask what others recommend and try to contribute wherever I can with reviews or websites I find helpful or products I find to be especially good values, etc.). It would be better if he could do some of that too . . . We can all contribute; we just have to find out exactly where.

In the meantime, we should cut a little slack (but yes, point taken, not too much . . .).

Regards to the enthusiastic newbies, seasoned vets, and everyone in between.

Todd
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
In other words, I'm all for helping people find where to access good info (author names, websites, etc.). Spoon-feeding is what I sense Chris objects to, and serious people won't ask for that. Not to mention that particular openers good for one may not suit the tastes/skills/style of another. We should help refer people to general sources when they ask general questions and specific sources when they ask very specifically. But people have to earn respect and give back in order to keep meriting "the benefit of the doubt" of others' assistance. Right?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Won't tell folks where they can find magic classes? If someone wants to learn, they want to know where to go to school. Is telling them "spoon-feeding"? I learnt everything I know about magic from my own initiative. There are lots of folks out there who will teach you to act, to be a clown, all kinds of performing arts, but magic is much more exclusive. It's difficult to find the right resources, yet of course, they're all out there. there are several threads on this forum, as far as I know in "The Little Darlings" section, with titles of DVDs which will help, and also specific opening routines.
I could go into more detail, but I know I've done so before, so my advice David, is to go resurrect an old thread on this topic, rather than starting a new one.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I agree with Potty about helping people find the right magic classes. Absolutely. That's what I've been using the Café for also (and have appreciated peoples' generosity and tried to give back where possible). This is not an easy enterprise, and we should all be helpful to people who want to learn.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
The Café IS a magic class. Get in the habit of using the search function. There is a world of information here.

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What trick do you recommend between ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL