The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Painting an appearing pole??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

I have a white appearing pole that I would like to turn into a giant appearing wand-- to do big tricks, I need big magic, eh?

Anyway, does anyone know of any practical way to paint this material (without the paint cracking or peeling off)???

Thanks,

JN Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Use contact paper or adhesive vinyl drawer liner instead.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

Thanks for the advice... I was looking at Sorcery Shop's appearing wand last night and notice that the "tips" appeared to be something like contac paper... I'll give it a try!
Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Go to your local Sign Shop. They use Vinyl these days for lettering (makes me want to wretch as a former Hand-Lettering Signman) This is a very thin and high contact vinyl which is far superior to contact paper. Just ask them to sell you enough for making a few mistakes. Write me for application tips as it can be tricky if you have never used it before but easy once ya know how.
Hope this helps.
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Painting an appearing pole??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL