The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Belt clip deck holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Found this recently by the Wenger Co. of Swiss Army Knife fame. They have a line of carrying cases and luggage. This is a compact camera case. Turns out it holds a deck of cards perfectly. I have been looking for something in which I could carry an extra deck for walk-a-round. I think this will do the trick.

http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/card-case.jpg

available at Circuit City. $9.99

Look for "Swiss Gear Rhea Compact Camera Case" or "Swiss Gear Trend Compact Camera Case" The Rhea has pink an green stripes on the inside the Trend is all black.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Bob Little was selling something similar, when I bought a couple of them from him at the Michigan Magic Day Convention. I think they were $5 each. They work pretty well.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
They look neat and usefull. Practical too.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
The case that came with my i-Pod Photo (an older, thicker model i-Pod than the newer ones) looks very similar and similarly holds a deck of cards well.

I also got a Sony Cybershot camera -- the one with a foot print that is only a little larger than a credit card -- but later, I got a after-market leather case made for the series. It turns out that the case holds a deck of cards almost perfectly, and also has a little pocket in the front that's the perfect size for a small batch of coins. In fact, it looks very much like the Internet pictures that I've seen of the Joshua Jay Pro Carrier (but no place for business cards in my case). I wonder if they're made by the same people... (If you're really interested, look for cases for cases just slightly larger than the Cybershot DSC-T10 series. My case closes on a deck of cards in its case, but only just barely.)

Bill
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
I need to get myself one of these!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Philip Hilton
View Profile
New user
Scarborough UK
35 Posts

Profile of Philip Hilton
I've been thinking of turning my mp3 case into a deck holder for some time now, as I never use it, it'll just tak a cut here and there.
Cheers Phil
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
I got this and I love it
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 16:37, kammagic wrote:
Found this recently by the Wenger Co. of Swiss Army Knife fame. They have a line of carrying cases and luggage.
This is a compact camera case. Turns out it holds a deck of cards perfectly. I have been looking for something in which I could carry an extra deck for walk-a-round. I think this will do the trick.

http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/card-case.jpg

available at Circuit City. $9.99

Look for "Swiss Gear Rhea Compact Camera Case" or "Swiss Gear Trend Compact Camera Case" The Rhea has pink an green stripes on the inside the Trend is all black.

Nice case. I picked one up today, at Circuit City, for $4.29.

Must be a different exchange rate on the dollar, down here in the south, than I remember it being up north.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
369 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
That looks like it was made for a deck of playing cards!

I have a neat Palm Pilot belt clip that works nice too.

Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
Don Sautter
View Profile
New user
Arizona
58 Posts

Profile of Don Sautter
Yes - I have been using my Dell Axim PDA clip for this purpose for a while. This is a much cheaper alternative - though my original is leather and has a big DELL on it. Smile
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I've just recently see that same clip at Walmart. The magician's superstore.
magickleark
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of magickleark
Belt magnet holder I get from sparkuni@yahoo.com
Solitaire
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Solitaire
Great suggestion!

I keep some of my decks in leather cases or cigarette cases made of leather (works also great for Mini Rider-Waite and Crowley tarot)as they match better with my old fashioned looking costume.
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
Thanks for the post..there may be some with more pockets for coins and packet tricks
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Belt clip deck holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL