The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Card shoot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
Does anyone know where I can find the effect Copperfield did in his show with the comedy card shoot. This is where his assistant shot at a jumbo deck of cards and a bunch of comedy was involved with the leg of the table etc.. your help is appreciated.

Isaiah
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Table Comedy Legs this might be what your looking for.
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Jumbo side kick is the name of what you are looking for. They were made by Collectors Workshop. Since they closed for business I believe Viking Magic are making them.

Thanks,
Reynold
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yes, Viking makes it now. The marketed effect differs from the one used by DC but the basic premise is the same. Very cool prop, I own one and its a real pleasure to use.

You can find it here:

Jumbo Sidekick
Sent from my Typewriter
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Just make sure if you are going to buy it try and get the remote unit(sidekick 2) The sound unit (i once had) would go off when things were not ready.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
If getting a brand new one, that wont be a problem. The current model-Sidekick 3 I think-is sound/remote activated. The remote will always fire the prop, even in sound mode. Also, you can change from sound to remote and back with the remote controller.

Though one must be careful with the remote as well. Once I had made the table hot in the beginning of the show (something you're not supposed to do!) and when placing a TT in my pocket which had the remote as well, I accidentally fired the first event.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Card shoot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL