The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The 'scattered cards' at the end (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
In watching card manipulation for years and within the last couple years of fooling around with it, I am at an impasse -- I have practiced a couple productions to the point where I feel they look pretty good BUT I don't see how I can actually USE them anywhere with out leaving cards scattered all over the floor where I am performing.

I have done a few shows and having the audience watch as I litter the ground with cards isn't too entertaining, -- also I would like it to be more 'parlor' than full on stage work and so I am wondering what to do with these flourishy moves I have put some time into.

I have thought about dropping them into a hat but then that is one more prop to not forget bringing, and I like to travel light -- case, tray stand, and pockets... I don't know. Any ideas ?
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Hey bigchuck ,

Normally , I will drop them into my case . I made a pocket inside my case which is ONLY for cards to drop in . Smile . Hope this can help you .

Regards
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Get a collapsobile top hat to drop them in or a small box.
They could both be transportable and about forgeting things make a checklist of everything you will need.

Hope this helps.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
You could have a large servate type pocket on the back of your table drape for that purpose.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The 'scattered cards' at the end (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL