The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just when did 'Fat' become a four letter word (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My problems are arthritis, which came from injuries from jumping when I was in the Navy. I also have problems with my knees with fluid and something that makes the cap float around or something, that is what I'm being treated for. I put on weight when I screwed up my knees real bad and also quit smoking and I put on well over 100 pounds in about six months. Went from running around and lifting weights to not being able to really move and with the smoking I ate too much. I've not put on any weight since the six months ended back then.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
What type of rehab do they have you doing? Don't let them just dope you up.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
God I am going to sound like my Dad now...

When I was in school we had this thing called PE class, and everyone did something, even if they couldn't exactly excel at sports. Just running, jogging, or wheezing around the field in the middle of the day got our metabolisms jacked up and burned the gunk that kids tend to eat (no matter what Mom packed).

Now PE is "optional", kids are sucked into playing Halo or Warcraft for hours instead of going outside, the latest saturday morning cartoon/video game/movie is also a sugar-laden cereal, and many schools have swapped their traditional Caféterias for in-school Pizza Hut and Mcdonalds franchises.

And check these out:

http://www.inthesetimes.com/issue/25/17/hoffman2517.html

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-9-2006-90783.asp

Douglas M.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Another thing that isn't good for loosing weight is being in airconditioning.No one can sweat the fat off.I work out doors and I see my weight go down in the summer sometime 15 to 25 lbs ,its been a hot summer in Indiana wich helps, this week is one of the hottest on record Smile
I shure rather have it 90 degrees anny day than -20 degrees
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Justin, the rehab is yet to be determined. She does want me, she being the doctor, to excersize in water but we don't have a pool where I live (no kidding, no pool anywhere) and I found two about 20 miles away and I'm hoping to start working again so which one I sign up with will determine where I get a job (two different direction). I don't know what they are going to do with the knees and hips to be honest with you, I find out in a few weeks.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Get one of those plastic kiddie pools. They're nice to lie in and drink beer on a hot summer day. Though, it might not be considered exercise....
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-08-03 19:16, Josh Riel wrote:
Get one of those plastic kiddie pools. They're nice to lie in and drink beer on a hot summer day. Though, it might not be considered exercise....

"It's a spa." -Cheech Marin in "Tin Cup"
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Josh, out here in the desert we get wind blowing every day so a pool outside would likely be a nightmare to maintain. I am always trying to follow advice so I am going to try drinking a beer while thinking of a pool later on tonight.

He D..etc, did you like Tin Cup? That is one of my favorite movies.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Magic Santa,
Yes, I loved it, and I don't even play golf Smile
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just when did 'Fat' become a four letter word (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL