The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Still my favorite magic book... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Thank YOU, Magicbern, and I applaud your excellent taste and judgment! HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
199 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
For me its Amateur Magician's Handbook by Hay. The first "real" magic book I ever got and still one of the best.

-Rob
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. (I have a small, yet concentrated library and these 2 are my favorites....for now)

After reading this I see I need to look into Harry Lorayne's book.

-Vinny
wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
I think my favourite at the moment has to be either Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz or Magic and Showmanship by Henning Nelms. Strong Magic gave me a greater insight into the nature of belief, and the role of emotional belief vs logical belief.

I find the theory side very interesting, and I think it really speaks to certain fundamental aspects of human nature.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
My favorites at the moment:

- Darwin Ortiz: Strong Magic & Designing Miracles
- Ian Rowland: Full facts book on Cold Reading
- Brad Henderson: The Dance
- Herb Dewey books on Cold Reading(Red hot COld Reading, King of the cold Readers & Mindblowing Psychic Readings)
- 13 steps to mentalism by Corinda
- Practical Mental Magic by Anneman
- Anthony Jacquin - Reality is plastic
- Tarot for dummy's
- Psychology books

ive been studying these books over and over again. They really are my favorite togethet with Hauntiques and capricorninan Tales by Chrisian Chelman Smile
I cant stop reading them, I don't even need to buy another book haha
wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
What variety of psychology books are you reading?
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Ow theyre in dutch so I hope I translate them well

Social psychologie(multiple books)
Adolescent Psychology(multiple books)
Psychology by Marc Brysbaert
Development Psychology by Feldman
Liebermann and Carnegie books on influencing people.
I have zillions more but I read all of them(for my study).
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Close-Up Illusions (Gary Ouellet)
Colin Mandel
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Colin Mandel
My actual sleight of hand library consists of 386 book. I counted today!

Glue them altogether and you have my favourite book.

If, on the other hand, you are out of glue, one of my absolute favourites is Expert Card Technique by Jean Huggard & Frederick Braue. Anything by Harry Lorayne or Dai Vernon is an instant classic, and Card College is the ultimate reference.

But I have never bought a magic book I didn't like except for... and I'm going to be slaughtered for this... Mark Wilson's Complete Course In Magic. A lot of basic stuff, bad instructions, and the card chapters are almost completely useless to any true card magician.

Please don't kill me.

Colin
Colin Mandel
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Colin Mandel
Oh.. and you'd be mad to leave out Revolutionary Card Technique by Ed Marlo... Absolutely loved it.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
My "new" favorite magic book: "The Experience of Magic" by Eugene Burger.

I can't believe I've not gotten around to reading this book--written in 1989--until now. To say that it hasn't just changed my magic, it's changed my life as well, would not be an overstatement.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Lewis Jones' 'Seventh Heaven' for the wide range of great ideas about cards and all manner of other things / Harry Lorayne 'Classic Collection 1' for a mass of cracking card tricks and sleights / John Bannon 'Dear Mr Fantasy' for beautifully elegant card tricks, edited to something close to perfection / Jon Racherbaumer 'The Greater Magic of Eddie Fields' for a great flavour of the man's life and times, and tricks that show you that sleight of brain can be as powerful a tool as sleight of hand / 'The Card Magic of Nick Trost' for very clever tricks that you think are too simple mechanically to really impress people, and yet they get some of the best reactions.

Of all my books, I'd be happy to be stuck somewhere for a very long time with any one of them. So that's my one book. (That's cheating, isn't it?)
SplitSpades11
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of SplitSpades11
Harry Lorayne's Close-Up Card Magic, Stars Of Magic and Sankey Unleashed!
"I care about eating, magic, and holding my children. " — Jay Sankey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Still my favorite magic book... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL