The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Don't you just love it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2007-07-25 23:06, MagicSanta wrote:
Since some feel I was completely out of line let me give a verbatem accounting of the actions:

Location: Grandma Hatties in Carson City, Nevada (note, she is dead...)

Hostess: Would a booth be okay?
Santa: A table would be better please
Hostess: Here you go (departs)
Mrs. Santa who is angry at me for getting flat tire earlier: I'll be back, get me ice tea and don't break anything
Santa: (sits quietly while hostess seats people at table behind him and others in booth)
Mrs Santa returns: Where is my ice tea?
Santa: No one has come by yet, just hold on a minute and they'll be here
Mrs. Santa: What? No one has come by for drinks?
Santa: Just hold on a bit, they'll be here soon
(waitress comes in and walks past table to see if other table behind us were ready for to order, took drink order then walks past our table to back)
Santa: Excuse me....(ignored or not heard)
Mrs Santa: They were not here, why did they get served but not us?
Santa: Maybe they heard you yelling at me earlier
Mrs. Santa: That is BS, they didn't ask for our drink order or anything?
Santa: No, don't worry about it.
(waitress walks past to drop of drinks, then circles back around to other side of room and slips into back)
Mrs. Santa: Why are they not asking what we want?
Santa: Listen, if it bothers you that much we'll leave.
Mrs. Santa: That's right we'll leave, I can't believe this
Santa: Lets just go, don't worry about it
(Hostess, who is grand daughter of Hattie, who is dead, see's us leaving and comes over to ask what is wrong)
Santa: Sorry, we have to head out
Mrs. Santa: No one asked what we wanted, we were completely ignored while the people who came in after us were served.
Hostess: I'm sorry, I'll speak to the servers
Santa: (to hostess) That's alright, thank you (to Mrs. Santa) Come on, that is enough
Mrs. Santa goes into rant once outside that last ten minutes and involves calling Santa names.

There, I realize I was a brutally rude person and I will accept my punishment. Ther server was completely in the right for not checking to see if we needed anything while daring to sit in her domain. We should have left a huge tip to make up for our rudeness and lack of server service.

Lastly if you get to Grandma Hatties they have killer biscuits and gravy.... and I'm looking for any good dead grandma jokes.

ah ha! You have solved the crime. Your wife was having quite a bad day. She was mad at you for getting a flat tire? How is that a reason to be mad at someone? Its an accident. When little things like a flat tire or not getting served right away are upsetting someone there is usually something else bothering them. Maybe a nice bubble bath would help. Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I hit a curb doing an illegal you turn after going the wrong way three times....I then went up a country road (for those keeping score this was in Placerville, Ca) where I realize it was flat and she had to go to the bathroom and there was no where for her to go and it was all my fault per her. In her defense she is rather upset she has to have more heart surgery next Thursday so she is tense. That and she is a raving #%@$) most the time cuz she hates my guts.
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Yeah your wife had a bad day, because if the dialouge is indeed verbedum... She waited about 7 minutes and decided to leave.

whatever though, let's get back to the topic.
Scott Guinn wrote
Quote:
Nash, how do you know those guests weren't discussing the funeral arrangements for a loved one who just died? Or divorce proceedings? Or a multi-million dollar business deal? Maybe they just discovered their teenage daughter got pregnant, or attempted suicide, or is in jail on drug charges. Maybe they just came from court where the guy who raped the woman at that table was found not guilty. I know lots of magicians who have "Magic for all occasions" listed on all their promo materials, but let's face it, none of the above occasions really merits a magic performance, now does it?

THis is exactly what I said in my head. part of my study is psychology and I know the fallacies in our thinking (where we attribute our wrong doings to situations while attributing others' to their personality traits).
Heck I even tell them "have a good evening" after they waved me.
But after almost two years of table hopping, I'm starting to wonder ... "Man, are these people just rude or what?"

Its an unchangable reality, it doesn't bother my performance at the next table... but afterward, I just have to vent caz it's both puzzling and kinda p!sses me off how people can be rude to me for no reason ..... I can only stand there and take it.

That's just part of working the restaurants I guess.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Quote:
On 2007-07-26 00:35, JeffMac wrote:

Chad, The movie is so I married an ax murderer. And ostrich is much better for the Environment than reindeer. They poop less volume per pond than a reindeer their for producing less methane, as well consume less their for are more efficient.

You are correct JeffMac!!! However, you are only correct about the movie reference.

Pooping less does not increase one's popularity here at the Magic Café. You see, we here love those that are full of s**t Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Don't you just love it? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL