The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sands of the Desert Chemicals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Hello everyone,

Not sure exactly wehre to post this, or if the answer is already floating out there somewhere...

I am working a sands of the desert routine that I got from Stevens Magic. It calls for three different chemicals to change the water color:

1) Ferric Ammonuim Sulfate

2)Tannic Acid

3) Oxalic acid

They all are supposed to be in a powdered form.

I have found a supplier for the latter two, but am looking for either a place in Kansas city that carries it, or a good online supplier of Ferric Ammonium Sulfate powder. It is used to pretreat the water before the show so that the color change works properly, I have found it online in crystal form....does anyone think this would work, maybe if it were crushed up some?

Thanks for your help, and the sooner the better.

Kyle
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
477 Posts

Profile of reynold
Save the trouble. I have been there already. There is a routine call P.O.W.E.R. and hank lee sells it. It uses the same quemicals for the hindu sands and then you may contact the suplier for refils.
Putting together all these quemicals will take for ever. besides the original hindu sands quemicals are very hazardous to the skin.. This version uses other compounds that achives exactly the same effect but in an oddorless and safer way.
Trust me, save your time.
Reynold
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1302 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
There is also a clever variation of the effect-with no chemicals-in The Magic of Alan Wakeling by Jim Steinmeyer.
Sent from my Typewriter
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
If anyone could share some tips on using P.O.W.E.R. with Sands of the desert, please PM me. Any tips are greatly appreciated, this is slightly urgent.

Thanks,

Kyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sands of the Desert Chemicals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL