The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Chess Board Paper Tear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I once saw in a book where you take a printed chess board on paper.

Make a few folds and then with one scissor snip the black and white squares are seperated.

Does anyone know where this is printed or can explain the fold to me?

Thank You
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Yes, this is in Walter Gibson's book called Big Book Of Magic For All Ages, page 68 called Tic Tac Toe.
This uses the same principle.
This can also be found in Paul Green's lecture notes.
vinny
If you can not find this, pm me, and I will make a demo of the effect.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Vinny strikes again! It does appear in my lecture notes, Nothing Up My (Green)Sleeves. It is illustrated with the picture from the Gibson book.

Originally, the trick was called "The Bi Kolar Cut". It was marketed in England and the United States during the early 50's. Milt Kort also provided a sheet called "Hortense and the Knights".

I have used the trick in my tradeshow work for quite a long time. It is a great piece to illustrate differences. I think it can also be found on one of the Dan Harlan videos.

Enjoy the search.

Regards,

Paul Green
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Say I know this is an OLD thread but...Does the offer still stand to make a demo of this? I had the Harlan version on video tape...but VCRs have gone the way of the dinosaur! Please PM me if you're willing to share (that would be great!)
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Right, I have seen this trick on Harlan's impromptu magic volume 2!

best,

merlin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Chess Board Paper Tear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL