The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gvmagic1
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of gvmagic1
Interested in a good 'Silk to Egg" routine. I think I've settled on a "Eggs-Actly" egg from Tirofog. Any suggestions as to a good routine and where it might be found.

Thanks
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Use the search function and you will find several threads that have given some good advice on this topic.

If you are doing walk-around, there are possibilities there too.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Don't feel you have to settle for a silk to egg, either. There are many other objects that can be transformed into an egg, such as a flower, a baby chenille chick (back to the egg!), a ribbon, etc. Do you dare to be different?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Steve Dacri has a nice do as I do silk to egg routine worth checking into on his video series.

There is a great egg on the market... looks real, even up close. I forget the retailer at this point, but I suspect it is already posted here.

J.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I do the routine with a beer can..Howard
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Silk to Egg is a classic & always gets a strong round of applause & laughter

Viking magic sell a top routine with brilliant realistic fakes-check it out

I performed this today to 600 people in a college auditorium for a promotion to our evening Illusion & Hypnosis show later this week

You could have heard a pin drop during the explanation & a huge laugh & applause when the egg is broken into a glass bowl!!

I use this in stage & cabaret in every show where possible

Highly recommended
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I like to combine Silk to Egg with 20th Century Silks. It gives a place for the missing silk to go!

The egg I use is a ceramic egg that has none of the problems of the plastic and fibre-glass eggs. It looks like a real egg, it feels like a real egg, it does not shine, you can't see a color change when the silk is inside, stage lights don't tell on you, and it is the right color (white or brown) for real eggs in the store. The real change in ceramic eggs is that finally the hole is large enough for an adult male thumb. (A thumb steal works much better for me than a finger tip steal.) You can also get the silk from the egg without the aid of a ballpoint pen! They are actually cheaper than most of the others. (My others stay in storage and some look good.)

If money is no object, have a dental lab make you one with ceramic over sterling silver.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
I recently purchased the Viking Silk to Egg gimmick {{Egg only}} to use in the routine describe in The Magic of Michael Ammar.

Great routine

Op
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
How do you folks transport your eggs to gigs? Ihad one break on me for the first time last week, and I want it to be the last!
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I use a small egg carton to transport the real eggs and gimmicks. I always take an extra egg with me. I broke the only egg I had on two separate occasions before dummying up and learning to take an extra one along.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I use plastic Easter eggs from Dollar Tree! And I keep both my real and prop eggs in them.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I bought my ceramics eggs at Cracker Barrel for about a buck a piece. I took my Dremel tool and cut a hole in it.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I transport mine inside a live chicken.

lol! Smile
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2007-07-26 23:33, Spellbinder wrote:
Don't feel you have to settle for a silk to egg, either. There are many other objects that can be transformed into an egg, such as a flower, a baby chenille chick (back to the egg!), a ribbon, etc. Do you dare to be different?

Yes, I agree. Just switching the silk with another object and you may get a new effect.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I can't help but be proud of this post by Ian.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5177866

Of course, they come in white too. But I also use the brown to vanish 18" silks without ever exposing the egg. (The brown egg doesn't flash!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Silk to Egg is my signature effect. I have given many instructions away on what I feel is the best handling for this effect to members of the Café for free. The Sterling handling is the best in my mind.

None has thanked me, yet! I think it is because they got the secret and now it is not magic any longer.

You can buy just the instructions from Rice Studio of Magic. Email them.
http://www.silkkingmagic.com/cat2.htm It is not my method but is the cheapest I can suggest to you.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I use a an empty cake icing container. I put some crushed up paper towels around the egg so it is in the middle of the tube. I can use the towels to clean up after. I stick the red dots for the egg on the outside of the container. I take a second one and put the coin, hollow egg and silk in. A third cardboard tube with padding has the glass in it. At one time I used a glass pudding container with a lid to break the egg into. I could just seal the container and dispose of the egg later. But I like the clear glass to better show the broken egg.

BTW, if you go to Target or Crate and Barrell, there are a lot of very nice polycarbonate glasses that look like the real thing but take a little more beating than real glass.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Richard points out an item that is important to the act and too often over looked. The glass is larger than the egg. It is an important prop that adds to the credibility of the trick. Pick one that works for you. Being durable and easy to clean will be something you will learn quickly to appreciate. After the show, it will surprise you how many people want to inspect it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
I don't perform with a suit jacket, and placing the two eggs in my pant's pocket seems to give things away, in my opinion, so the effect has been shelfed for a while. I've thought about using a hip back as a place to store and steal the props from.

Is anyone else using something different than their pant pocket or jacket pocket? How is is working?

Thanks,

J.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My alternate version works just fine for me, but you have not expanded all your other objections to cloths.

How would you use it, close-up? I bet you will say yes.

Have you considered and researched droppers?

Before any of us can advise, you may want to post a picture of your cloths you perform in. Then we can advise further.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL