The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » James Biss lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espmagic
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Last night our local magic group had the good fortune to have James Biss lecture for us, a group of about 35 magicians and three mentalists(!). This was, without a doubt, the most entertaining lecture I have ever seen! Avoiding the all-too-common "Here's a trick, now I'll show you how it's done" format, Biss did a complete 45 minute show, causing laughter and puzzled looks among what can easily be called a "tough" audience - and he did it all graciously and with a constant smile! Then, after a short break, he sat us down and went through the "meat and potatos" of the various effects...heck, I even learned a few new things!

A wonderful perspective on presentations, and a lot of so-called "obvious truths" later, we sat and chatted about life, influences, and the generally accepted view of mentalism, along with the why's and why not's about methods and his materials.

Regardless of how you feel about Biss, you have to see him either perform or lecture! Your own performance(s) and style(s) might just change for the better...

Lee
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I think it is refreshing to read at last very positive comments about Mr Biss.

He has entertaining presentation and this is what's all about mentalism.

It is doing great justice to recognize this fact after the lecture you witnessed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » James Biss lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL