The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card magic, more advanced (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Koko
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Koko
Hy all!

Sorry for my late respond, I was on my summer holidays and just got back for a few days. Thank you for all your advices. Since know I purchased Giobbis Card Colleage and I'm about 40 pages thorugh. I alos got my hands on Apocalypse of Harry Lorayne.

On request of Kato-san I'll try to do a short briefing of what I have:
Books

-Dan and Dave Buck: Sleightly Magical, Nursery rhymes (1-3)

-Lee Asher: Asher Twist, Lee Asher, Thinkig out loud, Hand Jobs

-Banachek: Psy. Touches

DVDs

-Dan and Dave Buck: System, Trilogy

-OZ Pearlman: Born to perform card magic

-Jay Sankey: Firestarters, Secret files

-Brian Tudor: Showoff(1.,2.), The Heckler, Generation X

-Harry Lorayne: Magic Classics (1., 2.)

-Daryl: Daryl's card stuff

-De'vo: Cradle to Grave Project, De'ring, Xtreme Beginnerz (1, 2)

-Gerry Griffin: Lucky Sevens(vol.3), 40 ways to force a card

-Justin Miller: Silver Dream, Army of 52

-Jay Nobeldezada: In the beginning there were coins, Color changes

-Daniel Garcia: Warning, Kaos, Project(1-3)

-Tory Hooser: Total Destruction(1,2)

-Dai Vernon: Revelations(1, 11,12,13)

-Jeff Sheridian: Genius at work(1-4)

-Banachek: PSI series:(1-3)

-Brad Cristian: Inside Magic 1, Kard KLub (1, 2), Crash Course (1,2), Ninja (1,2), Ambitious card tricks, How to do street magic course

-David Roth: Expert Coin Magic Made Easy (1-3)

-Ashfor Knettel: Tornado

-Bill Malone: On the loose (1-4)

-Daniel Maddison: Lethal

-Edward Marlo: The legend, The cardician

As you can see here is a lot of material, but I don't know what is really usefull and what isn't. Thank you again for helping me, I really appriciete that:)

Koko
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
It seems Koko-san has rather special kind books and DVDs. So the basic books such as Card College will fill up missing knowlege.

Vol.1 and Vol.2 of Card College will be suficient for some time.

Hideo Kato
Jay Austin
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Jay Austin
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 04:47, Koko wrote:
As you can see here is a lot of material, but I don't know what is really usefull and what isn't. Thank you again for helping me, I really appriciete that:)

You are right in that it is a lot of material there, Also there is a lot of great material there. Watch the videos performance sections and the reaction from the audience. You can get some idea how effective a trick can be. Just remember that they edit the videos and show the strongest reactions a lot of the time. Also, many times it is not the trick but the presentation that is getting a reaction. For example, two magicians do the same trick but preform it differently. The way that the first magician presents the effect might not get much reaction while the second magician blows away their audience with it. Presentation is just as important as the trick itself.
Jay Austin

http://austin-computer-solutions.com/
Hire a tech, not a geek.
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Koko,
I would suggest that you focus on the large collection that you already have. Start practicing the tricks that you like from your books and DVDs and see what fits your style.
Everyone has there own style and I would suggest taking a lot of time and finding out what your style is and build on it.

Good luck,
John
Koko
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Koko
Tnx Hideo Kato, and all of you:), I'm verry pleased that you are all so openminded and are willing to help us younger magicians.

Greets to all,

Koko
Jim Hazen
View Profile
New user
Elizabeth Colorado
56 Posts

Profile of Jim Hazen
Hehehe generation extreme by Tudor

that's advanced
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of 0045
Hi Koko

That's some collection you have there, I really do not think that you need to add anything to it. My suggestion is that you start to work through what you already have and don't spend any more money.

What you already have should last you for many years to come. if you are serious about studying magic then it is time to stop being a collector and actually start learning and using the stuff you already own.

Practicing technique and performance will help you to decide for yourself what your next steps should be to reach a higher level.

Regards 0045
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
You can do amazing things with the hindu shuffle control,double lift,top change,force and palm. learn one method that you are comfortable with of these 5 sleights and build your own routine with them.its easy to become obsessed with learning to much material and not perfecting anything.Hope this helps.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Koko,

you have almost an overkill of material. And I do understand that the wealth of material is a challenge.

Here is my proposal. Design your magic card show using tricks that you have. Once the show (15-30 minutes) stands. You start to practice. Having mastered the show, you can then start to replace tricks using your wealth of material. in other words, just watch your material searching for an ideal opener and so on.

Andy
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card magic, more advanced (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL