The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Peter Loughran's Poltergeist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lucasw
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
194 Posts

Profile of Lucasw
Does anyone here own Peter Loughran's Poltergeist? If so could you tell me what you think of it and how you find performing it. Thanks

Lucas
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I would like to know too.... I have been thinking about it as well...
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I don't have Poltergeist but I have the same effect with Peters PPP. Its basically the same effect but a smaller version. The Poltergeist is a bit more elaborate as the video shows. You can read my review of PPP as well as another here.. http://www.masterofillusions.ca/phantasm_portable_pro.html

Best,

Tim
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi Guys, (and thanks again for the nice review Tim). The Poltergeist was our very first illuison of this type first developed back in the late 90s and requires the use of an assistant that controls the objects hidden from view.

Since then we have incorporated a more advanced technology that enables all of the animations to be done without the aid of any assistants and are completely remote contolled and programable to your specific routines and needs. Sean Bogunia is responsible for custom making the programable microchips used in these illusions.

The Phantasm, Phantasm Portable Pro III and the Relic of the Revenant all apply the more advanced remote control, programable technology, and DO NOT require any assistants. Thus the price differences.

These more advance models also pack up much more compact and are light weight compared to the heavier and older Poltergeist model. However with the aid of an assistant with the Poltergeist illusion, you are also able to levitate the plexglas box, have objects change or vanish from the plexiglas box and you may also produce an assistant at the end on top of the table or beside it etc(think Greg Frewin).

In all effects the plexglas boxes are gimmicked but the gaffs are undetectable by your audience and can withstand the closest examination from any skeptic.

These effects have been used by top performers including Lawrence Kong, Darren Brown, and Yes even our good friend Timothy Drake to name a few. They can be a stand alone effect or a compliment to an existing routine such as a dancing hank. The possibilties are endless, but I personally would reccomend the more advanced models. I only offer the Poltergeist still to this date because of the added options the hidden assistant can offer the performer. We can also custom build your own unique version of the effect, perhaps in a prop you specifically had in mind.

Best,

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Lucasw
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
194 Posts

Profile of Lucasw
Thanks Peter for that fast response to my question. I had also been looking at the newer versions you offer but still like the idea of the whole cube floating at the end and being able to produce/vanish objects. I will take the other into consideration being the new technology would be a great help. My main problem is they are all excellent effects and I’m having a hard time figuring which works best. Anyone else who owns any of these effects and would like to comment, that would be great. Thanks once again Peter.

Lucas
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi Lucas, I answered your pm in regards to design pricing, but its easier if we talk on the phone, feel free to call me 9055715537

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Hello,

Does anyone have the instructions from an original Poltergeist prop?

I bought one second hand and it does not have the instructions.

Please help!

Thanks,
David
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Anyone?
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, David Garrity wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have the instructions from an original Poltergeist prop?

I bought one second hand and it does not have the instructions.

Please help!

Thanks,
David

I would send Peter a private message. He is a nice guy and I am sure he may be able to help you out.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Hi Chad,

I have, but he doesn't have them anymore.

Thanks,
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Peter Loughran's Poltergeist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL