The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Cloud Busting Secrets Book: A Brief Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I've just now received my books. They look great and will begin shipping immediately. I wish they were going out today, but each one needs to be signed and they will ALL ship out tomorrow.

Best,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Agh ship mine today, I'll give you an extra 6 bucks lol..well as long as I get it I guess. Been checking on forums and blah for almost half a year waiting just for this book lol
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
YAY!!! Can't wait to get mine!!! =]

I'm looking forward to really going out and doing this!!

-Vinnie
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Kicking myself I didn't order from Devin, I'm gonna be gone about the time the book gets to me lol. Would love to hear more stories and experiences from people bustin' Smile
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Blind,

I'm signing the books now. I'll pick up the difference (just for you!), and make sure your book arrives before you leave.

Best,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Thank you much!
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
After re-reading my post from another's perspective, I realize that my post came off overly caustic and aimed directly at Magicsquared, which it wasn't. I apologize for it appearing that way. I was ranting more in general than at anyone specific. In my head I think I was just bracing for a slew of negative reviews from people who hadn't even bothered to purchase the book and read it. I personally believe that any method is "transparent" if the effect is poorly performed or performed as a puzzle and not a magical effect, regardless of whether the method is simple or complex. I should have been more careful in my wording because I didn't mean it to sound so mean spirited. I'm usually more effective in communicating on forums. I don't think it helped that I had just come inside from busting a cloud for my neighbor, so I was still pumped up from that and got deflated from the negative comments. I'm not making excuses for my words, just trying to reassure Magicsquared that I'm not a jerk and that I meant no ill-will directly at Magicsquared. Sorry everyone.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Cloudbusting...

I have been jerome finely's friend for quite some time. I'm writing this review not as a friend, but as a fan.

Jerome has a level of skill on this subject matter that most of us can only dream of ever attaining. There is little that jerome does not know about the subject of cloudbusting. Bring together the mind of devin knight, and you have a devestating combo.

This book will no doubt dissapoint many. A note about that. If you were dissapointed by this masterwork you probably fit into one of three catagories...

1) you enjoy cool new toys and gimmicks. Take a lesson. The strongest gimmick you have in your arsenal is the spongy stuff between your ears and the hole in the center of your face, commonly reffered to s a mouth. Realize that you can work wonders far more impressive than any cuing device or impression pad is capable of using your mouth. Words are the most powerful force in the world.

2) you're dellusional and were some how expecting to be given the superhuman ability to control the weather.

3) you didn't get it. I mean REALLY get it. You read it. But you have no idea what the main point of the work you have before you really was. You may never get it. Some are ***ed to live in a world of ignorance until the end of time.

All others...

Realize that what you have been given here is strong enough to start religions. I know that phrase is overused, but here it is true. Jerome is a genious. He has carefully crafted an encyclopedic work on an incredible subject.

No detail or nuance has been left out. Jerome and devin have given you the straight goods on cloudbusting. This is not just a pipe dream. The concept is not 'transparent' as some have suggested. Its real, its bold, it is devestating.

I'm quite happy that this work was so limited. What makes me even happier is half of you bought it and have no idea what you have in front of you.

A part of me hopes you never realize...

I'd be more than happy to own the entire run of this book. All the copies just for me.

Make no mistake jerome finely is the next big thing in this art. His thinking is on a separate level...

The book itself is very well produced. Full color – very nice.

Jerome and Devin have created the last work on this type of work. Heed my advice – pay attention to this piece for MORE than just the application of cloudbusting…
xxx
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Jerome, great you are doing that for Blindside, he has been one of the biggest supporters of this project and has by far made the most posts concerning it.
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
This sounds like a great read. I can hardly wait. This book release is almost as big as Harry Potter's, although he could only fly on a broom and whack bad guys with a wand bolt...not control the weather!
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 19:33, semo wrote:
This sounds like a great read. I can hardly wait. This book release is almost as big as Harry Potter's, although he could only fly on a broom and whack bad guys with a wand bolt...not control the weather!

Harry Potter ain't got nothin' on Jerome and Devin! Smile

-Vinnie
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Monday is a day of rest for me.I was totally pleased that my letter carrier was early today,for I already had plans to lounge in the backyard and do some studying.

Perfect...my CB book arrived.

This is quality publication...and after reading for a while...it was clear to me that this book was well planned/thought out,and..well edited.

I do not think it is fair for me to give an extensive review of this tome at this time[being that I am still in the process of reading and absorbing].

However,I did cheat a little and bounce around out of curiousity[glad I did Smile]

Let me say this...if you never bust/melt a cloud after reading this book..you will probably be a better overall performer after reading this book.Allow me to repeat that:You will probably be a better overall performer after reading this book!

It occurred to me early on...that'superior performance wisdom' was being shared here... that can apply to all that WE do.

Personally,even as a fairly experienced performer,I am alway's open to learning more.

Believe me there is much more here than altering the weather... although that,[altering the weather and cloudbusting/melting is SO COOL,and has so many possibilities,I look forward to this study.Yes indeed,I really look forward to it!

{I must confess..I have been doing this for several weeks now..in a 'very elementary' way}.

I'll have more to say later.

Best.
Rich
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Thanks for your partial thoughts on the book. Have fun!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Devin,

Thanks for sending the book out so fast!
I received my book today.

I havent had a chance to really grasp/study the material but I quickly skimmed every section and got the basic idea down for each section.

I really like the bit about controlling the weather,very nice points,and tips to use.

Let me for a minute, REVIEW the quality:

1) Top notch
2) Vivid colors on cover
3) Bold letters where they needed to be
4) Font size perfect
5) Pages good and even smell clean
6) Lightweight book you can carry on you always
7) Scale 1-10 I give it a 10.

Great job to both of you for hard work paid off.
I hope I become as talented as you too at busting clouds.

ALEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 22:21, PaleoMagi wrote:

This is quality publication...and after reading for a while...it was clear to me that this book was well planned/thought out,and..well edited.

Rich

Thank you for saying so. In the past some of my instructions had some errors, this has been mentioned on the Café in the past. I hired not one but two professional editors to go over the book. Together I think they caught 99% of the errors and made many rewrites and changes to the text. Although Jerome and I wrote the text, the editors made sure our grammar was correct and that there were no mis-spelled words. I think they did a great job. They did not change the style of our writings. That was very important to both Jerome and me. They only made grammatical changes or sometimes rewrote a sentence to make it clearer. I really have to thank both Sandy Ewing and Mel Strouse for the great job they did. I also hired a professional designer to come up with cover for the book. However I wrote the basic back cover blurb, and then had the editors revise it.

As you can see the book is the result of five people working on it for several months.

In the future I plan on retaining the service of both editors to edit all my future magic directions. No more rushing to get directions out. Everything will be gone over by two top notch editors to ensure the highest quality on all my future releases.

Devin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Wow, I'm surprised on hearing the amount of work put into the book. I mean quality over quantity is something but when you have quality and quantity (seriously 132 pages on this stuff) that is something else Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I'm invited to attend a Wedding in Pittsburgh this weekend. The lady called last night and said they had a rehearsal dinner set for Friday. She frantically said the weatherman was calling for thunderstorms on both Friday evening and Saturday (the day of the wedding).

Using the premise describe in Chapter 3 of the book, I immediately assured her that if I HAD ANYTHING TO DO with it and I DO, then I would not allow it to rain in Pittsburgh during the wedding. She was a little skeptical. I told her to wait and see.

Those who have the book will instantly see I am doing the bit where the lady calls on Monday worried about rain for the weekend show. Only this time I'm attempting the technique for a wedding.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Devin,
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night because I had a bad dream.
I went outside, and there were few clouds. I picked one and in less than 3 min I busted it!
I am sure this is a lot more fun to do during the day! But I didn't know that you could also bust clouds at night, let alone there are clouds in the sky!

ALEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
If there are clouds you can do this at night. Jerome mentioned this I believe in the other thread.

Besides the energy used to bust the cloud should tire you out, so you fall back to sleep. If you do it the way Jerome and I suggest, you will be exhausted from the feat.

Devin
Psy-Kosh
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
134 Posts

Profile of Psy-Kosh
Got the book yesterday. Really cool stuff. I've only just begun on Jerome's section, so I'm not saying anything about that yet.

As far as the stuff before, very cool stuff and already has me thinking about some fun presentation ideas... (like doing the voodoo bit with a cotton ball... or using a rag to wipe away a cloud (even magicians should be the type of hoopy froods to know where their towels are.Smile))

And a few minutes ago just busted a couple clouds. Wheeee. Fun stuff all around. Smile

However, there are a coule bugaboos (Don't misunderstand, so far I'm really liking what I'm seeing, so I want to make that clear. But I assume you want a more complete review than "I like it" or "I don't like it", so I'm mentioning these things (Especially if you ever decide to do a second printing)). There's an aspect about the instructions on how to cloudbust over the phone that I'm unclear on. More with the context and such, I would have suggested adding something to clarify that aspect (will PM Devin about the details. I don't see any way I could explain my confusion with that bit here.)

Also, happened to peek near the end, the orgone/machine section.

On page 129, there is this: "If you visit the two previously listed web sites you will find links to these devices. Here is another one especially devoted to building a cloud busting machine."

I'm assuming there was supposed to be some URL after that, but there isn't.

Also, with the references to "clicking one's amygdala forward"... amygdala was repeatedly misspelled as amygdale. (I just looked up the word to see if that maybe is an alternate spelling... But I kept getting amygdala for the brain part. Only thing I saw for amygdale was some geology thing or something...)

There was thing though that kinda grated on me, I have to admit. In the bit with the ethics of the psychic reading presentation, the wording of the disclaimer. I'm sure you didn't mean it to come out this way, but to me it came out like "You can make lots of money and be very convincing and this is great... of course, not that I'm actually advocating this, no-sir-ree, I wouldn't advocate that. This is strictly educational. nudge-nudge-wink-wink"

Just the wording of that section made it feel a bit more like "weasle words". Again, I understand your overal point, of "there's certainly a valid view/dispute about the ethics of this sort of thing, and you may want to utterly reject doing any such presentation along these lines", but the specific wording, in the context, made it sound bad, at least to me.

Again, I wish to emphasize though that overal, I really really really like what I'm seeing. I'm just trying to give the most accurate review I can to you at the moment.

Oh, you are an ebil ebil man for the Blue Sky effect. Bwahahahahaha, I love it! The notion of, well... Heee heee. Smile

Anyways, of what I've read so far, definately overal two wands up. This stuff is really absolutely great stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Cloud Busting Secrets Book: A Brief Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL