The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Why Hate Criss Angel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am thankfull.

They have lowered the bar for what passes for entertainment! WAHOOOO.

To put it in the public poorly, does NOT help us really sorry that arguement is not really going to hold much water in the end.

I still am going to send some chocolates, maybe a fruit basket, or some cigars. They do lower the bar!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
It does seem like Criss is playing to the lowest common denominator. there are always gonna be people who flock to stuff like this. my ex actully thought he had real powers (and she was dating a magician) someone mentioned the Hot Topic people. do you realize how many of those kids there are in this country? its like he has a built in audience

also some people are very easy to fool. I worked with a girl that was so gulible I stoped doing tricks around her because she thought it was all real.

Criss is such a nice guy in person. sometimes I think he got too big too fast and he may feel a need to top himself just to stay where he is. so he has to keep doing bigger and bigger stuff. the only problem is he cant pull it off the way he tries to do it.

if he did a show where he performed on stage every week he could get away with more. but trying to make it seem live and impromp. is hurting his credibility.
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
What none of you know is that Angel and Blaine often don't pay 'magic consulatants', the guys who design the tricks what they tell them they will pay.
Ask any of the guys behind them and you'll hear how these Rich showman really treat those that are the brains behind them.
None of you can claim whose nice or not without knowing them in the flesh.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Ziatabari, so true. Once they have made it in the big time they forget how to treat people.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 15:36, edh wrote:
Ziatabari, so true. Once they have made it in the big time they forget how to treat people.

Another sweeping statement, which can NOT be backed up till you know him personally.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 13:52, ziatabari wrote:

None of you can claim whose nice or not without knowing them in the flesh.

You are claiming they´re not nice, are you not? I´m guessing you do know them in the flesh.

If not, you should probably read your own post.

BTW, Blaine is an extremely nice guy to his consultants. Yes I read your post.
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I hate CA because of the path he is choosing to go down.
Showing off his jewelry and cars, talking about how much money he has.

He'll fall even harder when the time comes.

Also, he wants to tell kids to work hard, follow their dreams, etc., as if he's some sort of role model, then uses filthy language almost constantly.

Not to mention dumping his wife as soon as he gets fame and fortune.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 22:21, linceed87 wrote:
Before Criss and Blaine came to the picture people thought of a magician as a guy that pulled a rabbit out of a hat and I have never liked that

Actually, in my working experience, people seem to think of the Amazing Jonathan, Penn & Teller, Copperfield, Kevin James and magicians they've seen on vacation (in my geographical estimate, Kostya Kimlat). By in large, when people ask me about Criss Angel, whatever response I give, they inevitably say that they think his magic is fake.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 18:38, mitchb2 wrote:

Also, he wants to tell kids to work hard, follow their dreams, etc., as if he's some sort of role model, then uses filthy language almost constantly.

That's a pretty good reason for not liking him Smile
Shnarker
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
89 Posts

Profile of Shnarker
Quote:

I don't hate CA. Mitchb2, your thoughts do sum up what has made the show less than appealing this season as opposed to the first two seasons.

All one has to do is watch the first season and compare it to the current season. It's all about attitude/personality, or at least the one that is portrayed on TV. First season, it was less about the bling, and the hotties. Now it seems both of those are portrayed more. That is a turn off, imho. What really made CA a household name was not just the magic. He seemed more like a regular dude, sans the goth gear and chains.

I realize there are David Blaine detractors. However, his persona is more mysterious, and consistent. No bling, no hotties (nothing against hotties, but c'mon). His specials were few (for a myriad of reasons), which made his shows more special. Now if DB would give the physical stunts a break for a while...

Just my thoughts.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:

Never confuse a celebrities public character or personna with their real personality. Criss Sarantakos IRL is not the character Criss Angel.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
And because he is a big headed pompous jerk. I just watch a terrible, well that's being redundant they are all terrible, but this went that little bit extra. "The Loyal" it was called supposed to be about his fans, somehow that just turned into a "Look how great I am" episode.... as usual he averaged like 10 camera cuts a minute.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To answer the question, "hate" is a strong word, I don't devote that much energy to it.

BUT lets face it he does bring a lot of it on himself. "persona" not withstanding.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Q: Why Hate Criss Angel?

A: Because he's a knob.

-- Topher
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Gee... but he's done so much for the art!

I know that his mom, his brothers, and DOG the Bounty Hunter think he's the "best in the world" But I'm still unconvinced...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How about "Best in his own little world"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I don't know Angel, so I can't love him or hate him, but this season of Mindfreak is unwatchable. Just horrible. The only entertainment value I got was laughing at the idiotic commentaries of the hair-gelled suck-ups, but now that has finally gotten as intolerable as the phony magic performances.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I hate him even more cause he just butchered, well that may be too strong, poorly performed, one of my favorite effects. Hundy 500.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Great, now we can look forward to a few "hundy" more crappy performances and exposures of this geat trick on youtube from his adoring fans... Excuse me, LOYALS...

I find it sad that Chris Angle is, even with his numerous professional magic consultants and multi million dollar Las Vegas Hotel deal and staff, still trolling the joke shops for his TV material...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
I agree that this season of Mindfreak has been lacking, but magic is always going to have people on top that you might not think are the best ever. I am no Angel apologist, but why is it a problem with just changing the channel and spinning questions from lay people about him into set ups for your own act?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Why Hate Criss Angel? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL