We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Elastic Loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I continue to be amazed at how powerful the effect of floating a bill or a napkin is to a spectator. Last night I floated a napkin, and my infamous magic-ruining brother-in-law didn't even have a guess. He went into the garbage after I threw the napkin away and tore it apart looking for a gimmick.

I did it again, casually in a corner, pretending I didn't know anyone was watching, with a playing card. Again...he burned my hands and just couldn't fathom how I was doing it.

I've been using Silk Worm thread, but I got a sample of Infinity Thread from Rudy Sanchez, and the stuff is just amazing.
Jay Austin
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Jay Austin
It is great to see the reaction of those that try to mess up the experience for others when they have no clue. I find that great. Hopefully your brother-in-law will now take you more seriously.
Jay Austin

http://austin-computer-solutions.com/
Hire a tech, not a geek.
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
He also thinks he knows how CMH works, but he doesn't.
What's fun is to watch him try to make rubber bands penetrate each other without knowing any moves.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
You would have been better off in the long run if you had not done the secong levitation for him to see.

Bob
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
^ Or levitated something via a different method.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Visual magic tends to create stronger reactions . .
Cards never lie
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
When someone can make anything float it is amazing to a spectator.
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
You are defying the laws of gravity...next to minting money and being invisible it is probably the most desired power. Emotionally it has a very strong connection. As Wellington stated...leave em wanting more. A lot of pros I have soon make something float for just the very briefest of moments. And let their mind do the rest.

Kevin
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Like Kevin, I float an object very briefly, usually before anyone is really paying attention (if I'm sitting at a bar or waiting in line, etc). Then people see it out of the corner of their eyes or catch a glimpse of something that's not quite right, and then I have their full attention!
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Good point - less is usually more.
Cards never lie
JohnWolf
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of JohnWolf
Quite true. The corner of the eye approach is my favorite. You mentioned your using spider silk. Black or clear and since you have sampled infinity thread how do they compare vs thickness, invisibality and streatch ?
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Elastic Loops (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL