The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fruit Management (Lemons or Kiwis) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Didn't really knwo where to put this, so I hope someone here can help me!

I've been doing the Bill in Kiwi past few months and am having great fun with it. I want to do it for everyone I can, because this is fast becoming a reputation maker for me. Does anyone have any tips on how to carry extra kiwis?

If you're table hopping for 100 or so people, is it possible to perform this at every table? Do you leave it in your car, and run out in between tables? Do you leave extras behind the bar?

Obviously with otehr props in my pockets, the most I can carry at the mo is about 3 without squashing them!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Are you serious?
Run out to the car between tables?

I suggest just have a bag with a whack of kiwi's in it.

I think it may be kinda hard to do this effect for every table, especially if you will be performing for upwards of 100 tables.
It will probably get kinda messy after a while leaving kiwi's everywhere.
Not to mention how expensive it will be to buy that many kiwi's over and over again.

On a side note, I have been working on a Bill in Lemon routine for the last little while. I am pretty happy with it, but am still perfecting it.
Just out of curiosity, is there a difference between the Bill in Lemon and the Bill in Kiwi, or is it just a difference of fruit?
I know I prefer the lemon just due to size and visibility.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Oh BTW, this shoub be posted in the "Where to put it all" forum.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Hey I just started doing this as well for friends and family... I have worked in a few resturaunts, but since the beginning of the summer I have been busking / doing side walk shows... I'm not sure if I am going to add bill in kiwi to my sidewalk show, but if I do , I'm sure it will be my closer... I am going to bartending school soon, and I'll probably do it at the bar when I land my first job

.... For resturaunts, Carl Cloutier I belive has tips on his DVD for storing Kiwi's.. I think he says to just use an extra bag...

What I want to know is , should you even be doing something this strong for 1 table?? Bill in Kiwi, is real magic.. It's simple, direct, angle proof, and can be pure comedy..

Is it at all possible to do it in the resturaunt for all of the tables at once, or atleast a large group of tables ; after they have all seen you perform for them 1 on 1??

I don't want to be rude, and interupt people who don't want to see it, but I thought it could be fun this way.. and I don't want to try it, and then have managers tell me I can't work... So is there any thoughts on making it work, or should I just not try it...

(Wheres david stone when you need him)
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Perform it for a few select tables where great reactions & your all having fun!!
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 19:19, Cory Gallupe wrote:

I think it may be kinda hard to do this effect for every table, especially if you will be performing for upwards of 100 tables.

100 or so people...not tables. If anyone thinks they can work to 100 tables good luck to them!

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, is there a difference between the Bill in Lemon and the Bill in Kiwi, or is it just a difference of fruit?

As far as I am aware, just different methods, with the same result.

Anyone who performs this routine, or a chop cup routine, how do you cope with bulging pockets? Aside from fruit, I don't carry a lot else, yet I am constantly struggling for space!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Jacket pockets can hold more than pants pockets.
You just have to structure your routines properly to accomodate pocket space.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
A bill in fruit plays HUGE if you perform it for ``everyone watching``

You can get at least 2 other tables seeing the climax of the trick which is still amazing to them. (they see how amazed your table is)

It will save you some kiwis.....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24302 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you plan to do this as a table routine, perform for at least three tables simultaneously. You can carry extra kiwis in a small igloo cooler with a frozen ice insert.

Personally, I would do something a bit smaller and save the bill in the kiwi or lemon for when you are doing a standup show in front of the whole room.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I agree with Bill. I love the object to impossible location plot. I perform this type of effect in a restaurant/strolling situation...like...card to wallet,card to box, ring flight etc.

I save bill to lime for stand up shows...and usually end the show with this effect. If you get booked from your restaurant performance, I feel it is a good idea to do something even more impossible, and bill to fruit is perfect. I've booked other shows right after my performance because of this one trick.

Rich B.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Quote:
On 2007-08-03 02:09, Bill Palmer wrote:
If you plan to do this as a table routine, perform for at least three tables simultaneously.

Some of the events I do have tables with as many as 12 people on them. When a band is playing, along with all the other tables talking to each other, I can bareley be heard for one table...let alone three.

I suppose it would work in a restaurant, but can't see it working anywhere else.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Bill gave some wonderful advice... Take it into consideration but do what works most naturally for you.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Wow. Just to justify how strong the Bill in Lemon/Kiwi/Lime can be:
I did it this weekend at an 80th birthday party/family reunion as a closer. (First time doing it in front of an audience) Got a standing ovation.
This is a great effect if performed in an entertaining matter.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Cory, I agree. I've been having some great reactions with it, so I want to do it for everyone I can. In a close up situation I try and play it big, but like I said, when you have tables of up to 12 people, and at an event where there is a band, and 200 other guests, it is hard to be heard for this amount of people.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
...I built a kiwi dispenser out of an old softball pitching machine and a remote controll; no need to out to my truck to 're-load'. Gotta work on the power, though...
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Comedy writter - are these available yet? and is the audience at risk of injury from a flying piece of fruit? if you disguise it as a speaker, perhaps we can position it on stage to blend in with the bands equipment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fruit Management (Lemons or Kiwis) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL