The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How much money do you make? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Butterfly,
Some people who don't know you are really gonna be freaked when they read this stuff....
This from a man who counts a surgical tubing stunt as one of his top 10... but I digress....

For any performer, but even more so for a guy doing street... the expression Ryblab ( Run your business like a business) is so bloody important. It is easy to goof off and waste your hard earned hats... Heed the Butterfly mans advice. And if I might add... put a certain portion of those hats away to upkeep your props, gear and act. Don't do it and you will become a tired looking run down act that looks like they sleep in the street rather than perform on it.
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
SeaDawg you make a good point. Butterfly man I like th second idea you posted with just paaying the taxes right up front. I will definetly have to look into that thanks.
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Skater.... true story: I was doing a small show and was messing around with a series 1800 deckto see how they played with my pirate character.

After the show a guy comes up and spots me a fiver and says get a new deck, those look disgusting....LOL If he only knew they cost more than a regualer deck of shiny new bikes.....OUCH
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
Ahh well I guess you have to give the people what they want. It you want good hats. Well in your case maybe not cause he gave you a five,but for the wrong reasons which were to buy a better deck. HAHA just kidding.
Butterfly Man
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Butterfly Man
Hey Seadawg,

Nice to have you aboard on this one ... I've been around a long time in the busker world and I've seen the successes and the failures ... the sad part (to me) is that even the greatest acts end up being destitute while mediocre ones flourish ... it just ain't right ... all they need is a little knowledge ...I'm gonna go out and save one or two deadbeats or die trying...I'll tell ya that ... I love that world ... it gave me so much.

aye spy,
Robert
Magic isn't what it seems
It's found in thoughts and words and dreams
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
Hey Butterfly Man can you post the You Tube link for your tupee trick? I heard its hilarious. Thanks
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Butterfly's advice on IRAs is good. Another good investment for self-employed people is what is known as a SEP. With this investment vehicle you can invest up to 25% of your income tax deferred.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
That sounds good Wayne. Thanx
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I just want to say thank you to Butterfly man for posting this. Proof that if you work hard (okay, play hard, for money), have a half a brain, and treat your business like a business, you can wind up fairly well with a home, a beautiful wife, and most of the amenities that people who work "real" jobs have, even if you do have a monarch pasted on your paled pate! Smile

You're the best Robert, thanks for that.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
That is so true. Danny.
Butterfly Man
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Butterfly Man
From what I understand history has it that we lose about 3% of the value of the money we currently have every year ... that value goes poof ... because of inflation ...
regular punters get "cost of living" increases but the last time I checked I didn't see anybody adding 3% to my hat.

Just for fun ... lets work backwards ... if I go back to 1972 ... my average hat was probably about 30 bucks ... in a day I'd make about 150 ...that would be worth ... lets see ...a little over a dollar today.

Man ... show me a place to INVEST today!
Magic isn't what it seems
It's found in thoughts and words and dreams
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
HaHa Butterfly Man.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How much money do you make? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL