The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Comedy Patter for the Invisible Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Can anyone help me out here?

I am trying to think of some comedy patter but so far I've gotten nothing.

Please?

I'll give you a donut! Smile and drinks are on me! Smile

Chris
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1026 Posts

Profile of jlibby
You know, I'm not sure the ID really needs comedy patter. The situation is funny.

Having said that, in his book on restaurant magic, Al the Ordinary includes his script for the ID. It's the traditional presentation, but he ties a few one liners into it.

See ya!
Joe L.
International Motivational Speaker & Entertainer; Helps you get ROCK-STAR RESULTS for your event!

For your gifts and free trainings, visit:
https://JoeLibbySeminars.com
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Not comedy, but in an old Linking Ring magazine issue there was a routine posted in a parade about fate or choice. After a discussion about the topic a card was chosen in one's mind, only to be revealed face down in the deck.... so was it fate or choice??

Cheers,

j.
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
I assume that you are using a brainwave deck or similar with this routine? I do, and use a comical type patter. I pick someone in the audience and throw them what I tell them to be an invisible deck of cards. I ask them to shuffle them and eventually ask them to turn a card the other way and remember what it is.

You can make this go on for a while, by telling them that they dropped a card etc.... I then introduce the egg bag, and show it empty, although it is loaded with the brainwave deck. I explain that they will need to throw the deck of cards from where they are sitting into the bag, and it should appear, well it does, and as you show the shape of the deck of cards in the bag, I ask them what their card was. I then pull out the deck and show them the result.

Good luck.
Mark.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Nice!

Yeah I use the bit telling them they dropped some cards. Then I tell them 'oh don't worry about it we have plenty still.'

Then when they name a card I say "I'm sorry we can't use it...it's the one next to your foot."

Chris
crashfreze
View Profile
Regular user
columbia, sc
114 Posts

Profile of crashfreze
Dude, Bill Malone has the funniest Invisible Deck routine. The funniest part to me is when he says "ok the card that she chose will be the ONLY card upside down in the entire deck, and what was the name of the card?"

"Two of clubs"

"Ok she said King of Hearts in case you all didn't hear her"
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
Yeah, Bill Malone"s "Invisible Deck" routine is great, it's so funny and a joy to watch...

All the best,

DADE. Smile
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
BILL MA-LONE Smile
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
It's not presented as an "invisible" deck (and that's a good thing) but Steve Bedwell's routine for this prop is hilarious, plus "the chicks dig it".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
344 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Mark, your egg bag reminds me of a method a friend told me years ago. Don't know if it's his own original idea, but just in case, his name is Marshal. Use a plain paper bag, hold the bag naturally from the top edge, thumb outside the bag, finger tips inside. Upon making the catch the fingers on the inside of the paper bag snap. The snapping of the fingers slap against the side of the bag making the sound and motion of catching a deck of cards. Reach in, pull out the already loaded deck from the bottom of the bag. Rick
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
Go with Bill's routine. He's brilliant. The
"On The Loose" dvd's were one of the best investments I have ever made. People seriously belly-laugh at his Invisible Deck routine. Thanks Bill.
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
I just checked and the Invisible deck routine is on vol 3 of Bill Malone, On The Loose series.

Cheers
DADE, Smile
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Bill!!! MA-LONE!

My mom thought that I was crazy (I laugh and laugh...) while I was watching the Invisible Deck routine!

best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I agree that Steve Bedwell's routine is terrific! It uses an invisible deck, and a couple of cups, and the effect is very different.

I recommend you buy his video "M.D. Not Required".

Ron Reid
Mike the Amazing
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Mike the Amazing
A good way to start off, once you have given them the "deck" ask them to shuffle the cards. As soon as they start shuffling, remind them that they have to take the cards out of the box first! Smile
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
90 Posts

Profile of dave s
Johnny Ace Palmer had some interesting thoughts on the I-Deck. His routine is described on a video and also in a set of lecture notes.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You can also do this as they are set to toss the cards back to you: you can say, "you think I'm Crazy but look who's holding the Deck." Don,
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
I ask the spec to look at the invisible card, then I turn around and say, "Hey, you´re not suppose to let me see it. That way the trick´ll be silly!!"
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
marctheamazing
View Profile
New user
Gainesville, FL
4 Posts

Profile of marctheamazing
This is a little gag that works well after all the jokes of cards falling on the floor, remember to take the deck out of the box, etc. You take the "invisible" deck of cards back, and offer to make it appear right before their very eyes by placing in your pocket. You place the "invisible" deck inside your pocket and snap your fingers. Pull out the physical deck and announce TADA! I play it off as if that was the trick and just for fun, what was the card you peaked at? You then show that all the cards are face up, except of course, for the chosen card.

This presentation works well because you take the spectator on a little bit of a roller coaster ride. They wonder if you really expected them to believe that making the deck appear was a great trick. You then change their entire opinion of the trick so quickly for them to believe this is truly an incredible miracle. This quick change of mindset usually exaggerates their reactions to the miracle portion of the trick.

Additionally, I don't explain to the audience what they'll find when I spread the cards, meaning I don't tell them that there will be one face down card in the deck before I spread the cards. It takes a little bit of the suspense away. Instead I spread the deck and point out that there is one face down card when I get to it. You can see the expressions in their faces when they realize they've just seen a great magic trick. They enjoy the surprise.
gician
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of gician
That's really some very good thinking marktheamazing.
Thank you.
By the way, does anyone know the linking ring issue mentioned above? I like the fate/choice idea for other effects. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Comedy Patter for the Invisible Deck (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL