The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Article in Magazine about me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
It's amazing how you guys cannot stop with the bashing!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Since, you like the Cirque du Soleil Josh, I encourage you to see its latest show Kooza. It shows both the light and dark side of humanity as portrayed by its artists, on stage. There is even a Pickpocket/"thief" in it he is forever being chased by the cops. He eludes them and at one point, brings a volunteer up on stage and proceeds to pick him clean --to the delight of the audience.

Below is a brief summary of Kooza's Pickpocket character, as posted on Le Cirque du Soleil's web site:

"...The Pickpocket is a wily criminal in the guise of a clumsy clown. He makes improbable balloon animals and is constantly on the run from a pair of cops. And he almost always manages to give them the slip. He’s a master scam artist and he’ll steal the shirt off your back in no time at all!"

I realize that you are developing your own "edgy" and "cool" street smart person, and that's great. Still, perhaps you might find some further inspiration in by attending Kooza, and observing this "thief" character during the show.

Chances are, Le Cirque will put out a DVD on this show, but watching the DVD (though helpful) will not compare with experiencing this show live.

You can read about this show and view some of its clips at: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com

Best wishes towards your endeavors. And remember. The criticism on the Café is "all" constructive --or at least it should be.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-08-05 03:27, joshlondon17 wrote:
It's amazing how you guys cannot stop with the bashing!

Who was bashing>?

YOU asked for everyones two cents Josh.

Nobody is being mean everyone is being supportive. Not everyone who disagrees with you is bashing.

I for one have and still want to buy tickets. I want to support this with my wallet and come out and help you make money by buying tickets. That is not bashing.

I wanted to hear the good things that happened at your comedy club gigs, yet you refuse to tell us. You refuse to give us dates of your tour. I want you to succede.

I believe that if you DO succede it will maybe show guys they don't have to be a CLONE of someone to be a performer.

You may want to invest in a bit thicker skin if you think your going to perform full time. I want this to succede for selfish reasons really. IF you can get it through peoples heads that being a clone of someone else is bad, then the level of magic will rise, and I won't have to watch 1000 clones for every good worker out there!

Good luck.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Jonathan,

I had no idea that was playing. Thanks! I'll definately check it out!

Josh London
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Josh,

I'm rootin for ya man, I really am. I think it's great you're trying to stand out and do something different. I always hear about performers TRYING to be different, but never actually DOING IT. You're trying to make it work for you, regardless of anything else. I applaud you for that one man...

One thing that's a bit hard for me to understand though is that first you accuse Danny of completely bashing you. After he explains he wasn't, and this entire thread he HAS been pulling for you, you completely ignore his last post.

Maybe I just don't get it?? Oh well...my life goes on, as does your's and everyone elses. Smile

Best.
Steve
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Danny,

Are you moving more into mentalism?

Your thought transmission is enviable.

Which invisible ink do you use?

While I can't see the words on the page, I can never the less read them perfectly.

Destiny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Article in Magazine about me! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL