The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » "Fraud" by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
jussco
View Profile
New user
Kelly
5 Posts

Profile of jussco
Can anyone let me know their views on the effect called Fraud by Daniel Garcia? Can it really be a borrowed and signed bill? Looks like a fun effect, but I'd like to get some feedback before I spend the money for the DVD.
Thanks!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hey Kelly!
Now that this is in the right forum, I will answer.

I actually don't have Fraud, but know how it's done.

I will PM you with rough details, to not expose anything on the forum.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
It can be borrowed and signed.
But a clever and unnoticed sw***h is involved, which is fully explained.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 21:01, Cory Gallupe wrote:
Hey Kelly!

One would hope that you would not want to expose anything, ON or OFF the forum!

Bob
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
No, I did not expose what accomplishes the effect.
I just told him the pros and cons of the effect, and what he would NEED to accomplish it.

I don`t expose, and am completley against it.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 23:35, Wellington wrote:
Quote:
Hey Kelly!

Bob

I... I'm sorry.... I can hardly hear you... can you get off that horse?
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Huh???
Was that directed to me or Wellington, and what does it mean? Smile
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
This effect introduced me to magic. Converted me actually. Its one of the few effects that are inhanced when you know the secret. Golden!
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Before I spend my money on this effect, can any of you magicians tell me how complicated it would be to prepare for this effect. Obviously, you couldn't do this with a spectator's bill.

Also, I'd been keen to know how difficult the sleights are in this routine.

Joe Finkler
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Its not complicated at all to prepare for this effect. It takes only a few minutes to create one fraud bill but your best bet would be to create a bunch all at once. Even if this effect took half an hour (which it doesn't) to prepare...it would still be worth it because the astonishment your spectator will feel won't be forgotten for the rest of his/her life.
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Benji,

Thanks for you response.

I am destined to buy this effect.

Joe Finkler
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2007-08-09 13:56, Joey Stalin wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 23:35, Wellington wrote:
Quote:
Hey Kelly!

Bob

I... I'm sorry.... I can hardly hear you... can you get off that horse?

Joey Stalin:
You may consider exposure to be trivial, but many of us that respect the efforts of creators of magic, keeping some of the secrets to be important.

Bob
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Need a little help with this problem. First several days after constructing gimmick, no problem moving "letter". Thereafter, after keeping it in my wallet, letter so stuck to bill that could not be moved. Re-glued, applied more glue, and still no luck. Am using the adhesive recommended on DVD. Met another chap at Daytona meeting yesterday with same problem. He tried to demo it to a group, and got stuck.

Obviously glue dried up, but when treid to re-apply, still no luck. I thought Dan mentioned he kept it in his wallet.

(sorry for some vagueness--trying to keep confidentiality)

Any similar problems, and/or solutions?
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I try to keep about 5 to 10 in my wallet at all times. Only issue I have with it and that can be many reasons on my half, would be that sometimes it might not flow as smooth and I would wish.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Docelk:
Try two things.
Use less of the glue, much less.
When keeping them in your wallet, fold them with the seal on the inside. You can change that fold when you load it into your pocket.

Bob
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 22:04, docelk wrote:
Need a little help with this problem. First several days after constructing gimmick, no problem moving "letter". Thereafter, after keeping it in my wallet, letter so stuck to bill that could not be moved. Re-glued, applied more glue, and still no luck. Am using the adhesive recommended on DVD. Met another chap at Daytona meeting yesterday with same problem. He tried to demo it to a group, and got stuck.

Obviously glue dried up, but when treid to re-apply, still no luck. I thought Dan mentioned he kept it in his wallet.

(sorry for some vagueness--trying to keep confidentiality)

Any similar problems, and/or solutions?

use thumb push it up then down then up then down it will loosen
RollyD
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of RollyD
I'm surprised everyone likes this effect so much. The reactions I have received have been "ho-hum." Perhaps its because I don't like the bill switch so I show both sides of the gimmicked bill at the beginning, patter a bit, and then go into the effect. Perhaps that is my downfall with this effect? I don't do the bill switch because I thought the switch as taught on the video was lame and obvious (at least to a magician) so I dropped it out of the routine. Anyone do something different for a switch (that doesn't look like a move/fold, etc.)?
Rolly
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 18:43, RollyD wrote:
I thought the switch as taught on the video was lame and obvious (at least to a magician) so I dropped it out of the routine. Anyone do something different for a switch (that doesn't look like a move/fold, etc.)?
Rolly

Pocket Switch?....Himber Wallet?.....Misdirections?......Concealed Weapon?.....I could go on and on
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 18:43, RollyD wrote:
I'm surprised everyone likes this effect so much. The reactions I have received have been "ho-hum." Perhaps its because I don't like the bill switch so I show both sides of the gimmicked bill at the beginning, patter a bit, and then go into the effect. Perhaps that is my downfall with this effect? I don't do the bill switch because I thought the switch as taught on the video was lame and obvious (at least to a magician) so I dropped it out of the routine. Anyone do something different for a switch (that doesn't look like a move/fold, etc.)?
Rolly

I stoped doing it any more cause of the set up( will have to make more soon I suppose) but iv got reactions from people freaking out to some that its just too much. ie they can't beleieve it at all so it gets no reaction. its a miricle if you can identify the proper audience though
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I agree with Joshua. Sometimes even tho I really try to "sell it" I get no reaction from the specs because its just really unbelieveable. Tho when you find the right audience its one of the BEST.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » "Fraud" by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL