The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Room 401 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Has anyone seen Room 401 on Mtv? What do you think of it? Its sort of like the hidden camera magic show with a horror theme.
I want to preface this negative review by saying I really like Justin Kredible and wish him success, but this show is embarassingly bad. The illusions themselves are okay, but I would have liked to have seen more than one setup per victim.. A couple things that really make this show a disaster is the really bad host doing the worst Rod Serling impression ever and the total lack of a proper introduction to what they are trying to do. I think way more behind the scenes stuff + more gags per victim = better payoffs and more compelling tv viewing. Also get better editors and better music.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4287 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yeah, I kind of liked it and hoped it would build up more steam and get going. I really liked the scare tactics illusion setup but it just kind of got boring going to different people and seeing one thing at a time.
Mr.Dennis
View Profile
New user
Louisville Kentucky
81 Posts

Profile of Mr.Dennis
Geo
I caught the show this week and enjoyed it. It seems to have potential but I agree with you about the host.
Dennis
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of cbmar
Is this show coming back next season, or was it cancelled?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17523 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just watched part of one episode and I LIKED it Smile
With the government taking over the FREE airways I must begin taking down the rabbit ears and paying for cable. I hope this show is on so I can see more.
Is this Justin Kredible of the Magic Café?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4287 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The show was...bland..just really bland..all this setup for 1 person and it just got boring. T.H.E.M was more interesting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Room 401 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL