The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Reviewers suffering from prickley heat? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagiKen
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MagiKen
I am only getting reviews of the reviews here. It's OK, but I was looking for an actual review of pSnype. I wanted to see if others thought it was as horrid as I do. I guess from what I see here that the actual reviewers did not like it.
-
I got a copy on closeout at half price and still it was overpriced for an effect that was more Hypen' than snipin’ -- hyper than sniper. The sales pitch and its demo video clips made pSnype sound like its principles were something new and incredible. They did this by leaving out key footage that would have tipped the method to any magician, but also to some lay audiences too. The actual video sold was very short and although well shot as far as videography, it was poorly scripted with too much poor adlib; and way too much glib. The demo video was better than the product video.
-
This is NOT even a NEW EFFECT. If they wanted to say that they had a new nuance or spin on the peek, then this should have been included in a book on the topic of new spins on old effects. Maybe then the compendium of all the thoughts on many old chestnuts might have been worth the price of the 1/2 off video. This single trick variation was not worth the price.
-
One did not need to see this version of the explanation done as a video in order to fully understand what would have come across better in a polished (well written and edited) in print version rather than this half-baked, way too raw short video. But then, who would have been sucked-in by a few page booklet at that price (?) as opposed to paying a video price for what turned out to be only a few minutes of footage. The complaints, outrage, and refusal to buy from that dealer as well as just the product producers ever again without an immediate refund would have certainly have resulted if it turned out to be a booklet. Instead the typical magician’s response, including my own, is likely to be one of complacent, it was a video after all, wince, whimper, and resigned silence towards the seller, with just a rant or two in a forum like this one regarding the product. They all get to keep their cash.
-
Most likely this should have been offered to the magic community, considering its content, as a submission to one of the club (MUM, Linking Ring, etc.) or general (Genii, Magic, Vanish) current magazines as an idea for a variation of an old effect. After all, as fantastic as the ad copy and promo video for pSnype was, it turned out to not even be the best version of this effect I have ever seen or used. It certainly would not play as well to others in the magic community or to a lay audience as many of the other versions using stack peeks which have been around for ages.
-
Now that is my review. IMHO pSnype is hype without the promised bite. It just bites.
Magic makes a difference when you care enough to make it magical
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Well at least we won't have to be subjected to those biased/horrendous reviews in "MAGIC" anymore.

JMHO
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Reviewers suffering from prickley heat? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL